Women attending Village meeting.
We would like to thank you for your extending support to our project. This year, the project “Building Self Reliant Rural Communities in India” has seen many incredible triumphs and we wish to share some of these with you. Please find attached our Annual progress report for 2012 and a brief summary below. We hope you find it exciting.
During the reporting period, you helped Seva Mandir to facilitate the following successes:
- Total membership of the project has increased by 1,433 persons, now totalling at 55,653.
- Ten new Village Committees have been founded, bringing us to 523.
- Nine new Village Funds have been established, equalling now a total of 626. 539 of which, have bank accounts.
- 60 villagers have been selected to take on a new role as Cluster Accountants. They will be trained to oversee five to six village funds, ensuring that they are managed efficiently and responsibly.
- 7,382 villagers have participated in our Group Strengthening training sessions, and 2,307 have been trained in Capacity Building. These strengthen unity and awareness among villagers, informing them of their rights and teaching the logistical skills needed to initiate and maintain local development projects of their own.
REAL SUSTAINABLE CHANGE….
- Village Committees have organised and paid for the repairing of four community centres
- The village of Madlah has revived a failing village school through employing local educated youth as teachers. The school is now recognised as one of the best in all Tehsil.
- In Helpiya village, residents have used their common fund to purchase a thresher which will help 69 farmers extract grains of Wheat Kernel. It is predicted that this will increase their annual turnover by Rs. 200,000
We would like to thank you once again for your faith in our work. We truly appreciate every donation.
With warm regards,