The new clinic, still under construction
We are so excited to bring you news of our latest development. Your donations have made it possible for us to contribute towards the new clinic that Coco's is in the process of building!
We have been able to sponsor one of the six rooms in the new clinic. These rooms are all dedicated to the recovery and housing of sick, recovering or rescued dogs and cats.
You might be asking yourself why this is important, well, here are 5 reasons
1. Building this new facility means that it is possible for Coco's to treat and care for more animals at a lower cost to the community as they no longer have to pay rental.
2. It means that the staff will have better facilities to be able to do their job to a higher standard. There will be more space!
3. With more space it means that more dogs and cats can be helped- vaccinated, check-ups, housed and sterilized. There are so many strays in Playa del Carmen that need our help!
4. Coco's will become a stronger, and completely independent institution.
5. One of GVI's aims is to help our partners become sustainable in the long term. It is our objective to create strong, sustainable partnerships so that we can reach more of those in need. We believe that this donation to Coco's does that!
Each room costs $5000 to build. So far, we have donated $4000 and next month we will be donating the last $1000 to finish our room off.
The clinic is still under construction and we look forward to sending you news of its completion and all of the animals that are able to be helped because of you and your generous donation!
GVI Mexico and Coco's
We can't wait until it's finished
The builders hard at work!