A tribe beneficiary
01. Project Name : Solar Light to tribe living in to interior forest
02. Duration of the project : 3 months
03. Implementing organisation : ROSI FOUNDATION, India
04. Project Area : Dindigul district and Theni district of Tamil Nadu state, India
05. Brief Description:
During the past 3 months, 10 solar lanterns and Radio for 10 tribe families. They are now using light and Radio with cell phone charging. They are free of wild animal disturbance and urgent health problem is solved through mobile calling help.
Still remaining 227 families of 7 tribe villages requires lighting, FM radio and street light and so the programme requires fund. If they are in to caves and interior/ unreachable forest are with poverty and deprivation under endangered condition, solar lanterns and FM radio are to be provided.
06. Activities Taken :
a. Solar Lantern provision : 10 solar lanterns were given to 10 tribe families after small training on the lantern handling and application for radio, light and mobile charger. .
b. FM Radio provision in that one FM radio (small) was given to all 10 tribe families for using
07. Spot light of a tribe family: Mr.Chinnapalani is belonging to tribe and Ponthupuli area. His family has 5 member with 2 children and they are fully expecting forest (Minor Forest Produces) for their survival. They are in remote and forest area without accessibility of road and electricity under threaten of wild animal.
In your support, we have provided one light and FM radio, they are having light to their house, children reading and her night cooking. They are now free from wild animal. The solar light and radio are very useful in their life. The family is thanking you.
08. Conclusion : ROSI FOUNDATION are heartily thanking to Global Giving Foundation and all donors of the project. Our staff and volunteers are involved in this project are thanked.