P. Lakhmi with solar lantern provided
01. Project Name : Solar Light to tribe living in to interior forest
02. Duration of the project : 3 months
03. Implementing organisation : ROSI FOUNDATION, India
04. Project Area : Dindigul district and Theni district of Tamil Nadu state, India
05. Brief Description :
In the three months duration, 5 tribe families were supported by lantern and FM Radio. They are being with light, Radio and cell phone. They are free of wild animal disturbance and urgent health problem is solved through mobile calling help.
But in the project 250 families of 7 tribe villages requires lighting, FM radio and street light because they are in to caves and interior/ unreachable forest are with poverty and deprivation under endangered condition.
06. Activities Taken :
a. Solar Lantern provision : 5 solar lanterns were given to 5 tribe families after small training on the lantern handing and application for radio, light and mobile charger. .
b. FM Radio provision in that one FM radio (small) was given to all 5 tribe families for using
07. Spot light of a tribe family: Mrs.Lakhmi is belonging to tribe and Ponthupuli area. She has two children and they are fully expecting forest (Minor Forest Produces) for their survival. They are in remote and forest area without accessibility of road and electricity under threaten of wild animal. In the provision of solar lights and FM radio, they are having light to their house, children reading and her night cooking. They are now free from wild animal. The solar light and radio are very useful in their life.
08. Conclusion : ROSI FOUNDATION are heartily thanking to Global Giving Foundation and all donors of the project. Our staff and volunteers are involved in this project are thanked.
K.Saraswathi received solar light