Bringing change to impoverished communities through digital literacy programs
6 new labs with 10 computers per lab launched at followung locations in Bengaluru
1) Community centre,Maruthinagar,Bapujinagar, Mysore Road
2) Sneha seva trust,Near satelite bus stop on Mysore road
3) Community Centre,Hongasandra,A.K.Colony
4) Sevadhama,Mallappa Garden,Old Byppanahalli
5) Sevadhama,Netaji Nagar,,K.P.Agrahara, Magadi Road
6) Sevadhama,V.V.Giri Colony,Near Slum board, Sheshadripuram
puttogether 180 Underprivileged youth would be helped in one batch with time span of 3 months. Plan to conduct 4 batches for an year. Placement assistance will also be given.
1. Provide Computer based skills training in DTP, Word processing and Tally software to unemployed youth living in slums.
2. Provide placement assistance to trained youth.
3. Enhance learning capabilities of children using educational software
4. Provide Multimedia based teacher training module to teachers at learning centers
5. Provide spoken English training to improve communication skills
Social Impact of program:
Program will bring digital literacy to 1500 students in first year. These students come from families who earn their lively hood by doing most minimal jobs and parents never finished school. Out of 1500, 500 students would be youth from slums and target for youth is to make them employable by providing computer based skills training and 1000 students would be from government high schools, Aim is to bring digital literacy among these children to prepare them for future.
Thousand plus families living in slums will be digitally empowered every year. Digital empowerment helps families to gain confidence; engage effectively with Government; Private service providers and make them part of digital world.
Skill Development courses for youth:
1. Computer based data processing – 3 months (Windows OS, ,MS word, Excel and Power point ,Email usage , Typing, Resume preparation and Spoken English )
2. Computer based Accounts management – 3 months (Windows OS, Ms Excel, Tally accounting software, Email usage, Typing , Resume preparation and Spoken English )
3. Computer based Graphics design – 3 Months (Windows OS, MS power point, Corel Draw, Photo Shop, Email usage, Typing , Resume preparation and Spoken English )