• Since its launch in March 2008, Baby Buggy has served a total of 91 families and 181 children enrolled in the St. Anthony’s Family Resource Center! Baby Buggy ensures these families receive regular donations of baby supplies, which many of these families would otherwise have to go without.
• Baby Buggy has provided these families with over 82,615 baby items including critical gear, safety items, diapers, clothing, books and toys.
• The following quotes are from two of the clients enrolled in Baby Buggy’s Family Resource Center at St. Anthony’s Head Start in the Bronx:
“Baby Buggy has been very helpful to me. When I found out I was pregnant I didn’t know how I would be able to get all the necessities for my child. Baby Buggy was able to give me a crib, stroller, diapers, and other basic necessities for my daughter. With the money I save I was able to open a savings account and now my daughter will have a better future.”
“I received all the things my baby needed. I no longer have to worry about my daughter not having a crib, diapers, clothes, stroller and other items like that. I am very thankful that Baby Buggy was here to help me. They even gave me stuff for my oldest daughter. Thank you Baby Buggy.”
• In March of 2010, Baby Buggy trained a team of Credit Suisse employees to facilitate benefits analysis sessions with families enrolled in the Family Resource Center. The Credit Suisse employees interviewed the clients to determine their eligibility for over 20 public benefits, tax credits and work supports and shared information on how to access these benefits.
• These benefits analysis sessions were a great success. The volunteers and clients really bonded; the clients reported that they felt very comfortable and welcome and found these sessions to be informative.
• The idea is to raise awareness about the multitude of benefits these client families are eligible to receive, help them access these resources and alleviate any fear or mistrust they may have around accessing these benefits
• Baby Buggy followed up by with referrals to many community resources offering specialized services to meet their individual needs. .
• The following are quotes from the staff at St. Anthony’s on the benefits analysis sessions with their client families:
“You have offered and provided our families with more services than we would normally be able to provide. As a result, they are well on their way to financial security. Thursday's benefits analysis session offered them more support and as a result we now know how to better serve them. The information and guidance you offered the parents was well accepted and they look forward to acquiring the necessary assistance and support from our Family Workers to help them with their benefits enrollment. Thank you for your help.” - Site Director at St. Anthony's Head Start
“I look forward to helping the parents obtain all the services they need. With the information they obtained from the benefit analysis our parents know which benefits and tax credits they qualify for. One of the parents was concerned as to how she will provide milk for her baby once it’s born; once she left the analysis she felt a weight lifted off her shoulders because now she knows she qualifies for WIC. Stories like this make my job worth it. With your help, my parents now feel confident that they can provide a better future for their kids.” - Family Worker at St. Anthony's Head Start
• The following is a quote from one of the Credit Where Credit Is Due graduates from a previous workshop cycle:
“As a result of the class that I took I decided to start my own business as a child care provider in my house. I already made the class (15 hour) and have my license. I organize my house to be safe. With the information that I got from the seminar of finance I am planning to have a savings account, and a plan to use the money. Thank You!”