Independence Day @ Library
Dear Well Wishers
Greetings from Vidya Poshak Library Services Team, following is the updates for the last quarter.
- 4308 students utilized the library facilities.
- More than 1243 students given books of their choice including newly inducted.
- 142 new students enrolled their name as library members
- Online application & interned facility have been catering the students
- 183 books received in kind of donation and 238 new books added to library collection.
- Conducted one day work shop on “Study Techniques for Desired Results for Class XI completed students.
- Independence Day ceremony was organised by youth volunteers @ central Library
Highlights of the Library Centers:
- 20000+ students utilizing library services including the computer facility in a year
- 20000+ books were issued for home issue
- Conducting workshops seminars, trainings to empower the needy students
- Library has a collection of more than 65000 books worth 9.0 million Indian Rupees.
- 28 Book Bank Centers managed by self less volunteers
Learning Center: Our libraries are open to all youth in the surrounding educational institutions with access to the facilities available. For Free memberships all reference books including competitive books, personality development books , Newspapers and Periodicals are available and for paid members (a nominal amount ) a set of books is provided for home reference.
Information Kiosk: Youths are provided free monitored access to Computer and internet facility for learning activities. The youth are provided details related to Competitive Exams, Higher Education Option, Education Loans, Interview alerts and Interview tips through our Blogs. The youth would be assisted and guided to apply for different Competitive exams, Bank Exams, Job openings etc.
Workshops & Trainings: Periodic Career related workshops & free trainings are conducted for the benefit of youth in Communication Skills, Presentation Skills, Interview related skills, Life skills.
Dialogue with Industry Experts: Vidya Poshak facilitates meeting with industry experts from various sectors so that the youth would get first hand information regarding career opportunities in various industries.
Job Alerts & Interviews: The youth centers also would facilitate off campus interviews for youths who are looking for jobs. A database of youths who are looking for jobs in local areas or big cities would be maintained and shared with employers and campus interviews would be facilitated.