AIESEC interns, who utilized our rickshaw services
Greetings from The Rickshaw Project.
We are extremely grateful to you for helping us to realize the idea of advocating the rights of people with disabilities through a dial-a-rickshaw service. The idea that we nurtured from your sincere contributions is being recognized across Pakistan.
Following are the things that have occurred during the last three months (June – August 2014):
- The Rickshaw Project has been recently featured in Dawn News, PTV, The Diplomat Magazine, and Pakwheels.com
- We have forged a partnership with AIESEC in IBA and our rickshaw services are being used by foreign interns visiting Pakistan
- Our team has given Sensitization Session to the students of Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi
- A team of students from National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), who represented Pakistan in Shell Eco-Marathon visited our office to study the retrofitting in our rickshaws
- To streamline operations, we have moved from manual invoicing to automatic software backed accounting
- Mr. Ali Fateh, who is a masters graduate has recently joined The Rickshaw Project team as a Project Assistant (Fleet). He is primarily responsible for billing and scheduling of rickshaws
- We have taken Mr. Khalid aboard as our new project driver. Khalid was unemployed for the last two years. He has got experience of driving three-wheelers and he is a good speakers, as well – hence he could also be a good resource for future sensitization sessions
- To gauge rickshaw performance, few performance metrics have been developed. We have also created a quantitative performance management system to evaluate the operations team
The aforementioned things could not have been realized without your contributions. These contributions are now required more than ever before. Although, we are quite successful in making people aware about this service, but we still do need funds to support our operations and to make The Rickshaw Project a successful model.
We will be delighted to have your inputs, queries, ideas, recommendations that you may send by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please support the project by contributing in this social initiative and let your friends/loved-ones know about The Rickshaw Project, as well.
Amin Amir Andani
Project Officer – Operations
The Rickshaw Project
TRP featured in Dawn News
TRP in globally renowned, The Diplomat Magazine
TRP in Pakistan's No.1 Car Portal, PakWheels.com
TRP team conducting Sensitization Session at IBA
Rickshaw retrofitting orientation to NUST students