Non-governmental non-profit organization of public office The Centre for information and Support for large
family was founded in 1997, by seven large families initiative.
Organization's mission: a comprehensive approach to family support, in particular with many children, as
one of the most important public institutions, significant socialization of children and many social problems in the prevention or settlement of those problems.
For activities in the organization, we own a building at Debreceno 3, Klaipeda. Organization employs four mployees. In the year 2012, the organization had 63 volunteers and a total of 231 times they voluntered, 485 hours.
Each year, the organization keeps up to date database of each family.
In organization by December 31, of 2012 were 535 large families.During 2012 the organization had 43 new
The organization is open-type, to become a member of the large family organization all is needed - to complete member‘s profile. There is no membership fee.
2012, the organization carried out the following projects:
1. International youth exchange project „Stairway to heaven – share the music“;
2. International youth exchange project „Don‘t Worry, Be Active“;
3. International youth exchange project "Chant above the Cage;
4. „Good will“ project „Financial courses“;
5. Children's summer socialisation project "Sun, wind and friends - 2012";
6. Support Home Start service and development activities in Lithuania;
7. Support with food to poor families, in partnership with organization "Food Bank";
8. Project from Social security and work ministry „Development of inner and outer communication of large families, with intention to form healthy image of large families in communities“;
9. Project „Renovation for 1230 underprivileged Lithuanian kids“ funded by givers from Global Giving site;
10. Income-making project „Cheap supply“.
Organization of social activities regularly carries out:
• Last Saturday of each month there is a charity to large families and other socially disadvantaged families: 12 times, 141 family and 161 socialy supported individuals got support.
• Cheap trift shop in the premises.
• Received 3 deliveries of humanitarian aid from Denmark.
• Under an agreement with the Western region of Lithuanian "Balticum TV“, Klaipeda‘s large families pay a reduced fee for cable television.
• Under a partnership agreement with Klaipeda‘s Drama Theatre, families with many kids have cheaper access to
attend the Klaipeda‘s Drama Theatre.
• Received humanitarian aid from „Red Cross“ (32 times, 9913kg) which were distributed amongst large and
socially suported families. \
• Received aid (5 times, 5294kg) from support fund „Brighter tomorow“.
• Local residents and companies have oportunities to bring things for those who need it. Advertising
information for gathering of aid, receiving brought aid (94 times, 303 packets) like clothes, shoes, toys
Since 2004 organization participating in the „Food Bank“ campaign:
In 2012 March 23-24th Spring "Food Bank" campaign:
Volunteers in stores "Rimi" (Liepoja st. 27) and "IKI“ J.Janonio st. 21) collected food offerings for large families. Participat ed 59 volunteers, worked 276.5 hours, collected 1622 pieces of food packages in the ammount of 4912.92 litas, offerings were given to 144 large families in Klaipeda.
Autumn „Food Bank“ Campaign at October 19-20th":
Volunteers in store "Maxima" (Silute st. 35) collected food offerings for large families. Participated 24 volunteers, worked 110 hours, collected 791kg of food in the ammount of 3956.72 litas, offerings were given to 138
large families in Klaipeda.
Regular food aid to over 93 times in 134 families, distributed 2154 food packages, a total of 23009.52 kg in the
ammount of 143,660.52litas.
Club activities, organizing of entertainment and events:
- English lessons (7 times 14 participants)
- Activities „Family breakfast“ (3 times, 94 articipants) developing financial literacy and positive parenting-skills.
- Painting therapy activities (5 times, 25 participants) prevention of stressful conflicts.
- Folk-educational activities for families „ Rookies festival“ (58 participants) usage of fery tales and legends
in development of child‘s creativity.
- „Family marathon 2012“ in theme „Family“ (7 families, 26 participants, 6 volunteers)
- „Family celebration“ in Prienai
- Childrens summer camp in Kintai (6 days, 43 participants)
- Participation in international ELFAC conference „Rich in children, rich in what“ in Tartu, Estonia (4 families, 8 participants).
- Participation in „Baltic circus“ show (3 families, 13 participants).
- Trip in with ship „Venus S“ (1 time, 138 participants).
- Christmas celebration (128 families, 585 participants).
- Christmas carols (10 families, 24 people).
- Subscription of Saturday‘s „Klaipeda“ newspaper went to 3 winer families.
Information and Consulting:-
Continuously provided consultations via phone or internet to all native people from different social layers who require help, or redirected to specialists.
- Finansial, methodical or informational help is provided to all other non-governmental organisations („From Begining“, „Seimyna“, „Skruzdelynelis“ and ect.)
- Conditions for students from Klaipeda‘s schools are made to carry out internship or research.
Families and community members belonging to the organization on current and future activities are informed in many ways.
• For any information of interest (for events, charity, where to get advice on how to contact the institution and
so on.) Families can call every day from 9 am to 5 pm. Phone number (846) 300 385 or contact us at Debreceno 3, Klaipeda.
The families kept informed by telephone by the specific needs where to contact: sample: disabled children,
unemployed people, who wear glasses and so on.
• Members are informed by e-mail 1-3 times a week.
• Call and send messages tomobile phones.
• Regional newspapers.
• Message board outside the building, information is available around the clock.
• Informative ads hung in neighborhood residential staircases, message boards of various public places on billboards, Klaipeda City Social Support Centre, a children's crisis center, clinics and so on.
• The regional TV – „Balticum“.
• Direct contact way: through friends, acquaintances, and other family members.
Information about the organization, publicity
• Information at organisation‘s Facebook page „seimu bendruomene“.
• Organization's annual report on the activities in their communities and supporters;
• By personal contact.
• Participation in the activities and delivery of exhibitions, fairs and other community events;
• Information about our organization has been placed on these sites and electronic directories:
www.infoplius.lt - and hard-copy
version of the directory;
Support Centre of the Large family carrying out various activities, cooperates with the substantial number
of organizations working in the family:
• Klaipeda City Social Welfare Department.
• Prisons Department under the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Lithuania.
• Amendments to the region of Klaipeda in Klaipeda city inspection office amendement.
• Klaipeda labor exchange.
• Klaipeda labor exchange Youth Work Center.
• Klaipeda Labour Market TrainingCentre.
• Klaipeda City Social Support Centre.
• Klaipeda City Public Health Bureau.
• Klaipeda College.
• Klaipeda community organization with larg families, "Family."
• Klaipeda PO "From the beginning" (Home Start).
• Kretinga region. Imbare parish "Imbarieciu Society“;
• Klaipeda district association of community-based organizations (KRBOS).
• Klaipeda Drama Theatre.
• Klaipeda children's and youth theater "Dawn."
• E. Balsys the art gymnasium.
• Klaipeda J Kucinskas music school.
• Children's dance group "EOS".
• Klaipeda Association of the elderly;
• Klaipeda PO "Third Age".
• PO "Nursing assistance".
• PO "family friendly".
• „Active moms Congregation".
• Charity and Support Fund „Food Bank“.
• Marijampole organization of large families "Skruzdynelis".
• Taurages reg. Zygaiciu community "Zygava".
• Kaunas Larg Family organization "Rainbow Path".
• Association of Hungarian families with many children.
• Latvian Association of large families.
• Liepaja‘s families with many kids organization "Dekla".
• Liepaja‘s youth organization "Young Vanagi".
• Hungarian Foundation „Otthon Segitunk Alapitvany“ .
• The Danish Aalborg city organization „Jobcenter".
• "Frivilug Omsorg, Trondheim“, Norway.
• We belong to Home - Start International Organization.
• We belong to Western Association of Lithuanian women organization.
• We belong to the families with many kids organizations in association.
• We are member of the European Combating Poverty and Social Exclusion Network (ESIP).
Report concluded by :
Director Regina Sevelkaitiene
Accountant Rita Joksiene
Administrator Jolanta Klusiene
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.