DISASTER MANAGEMENT TRAINING
PROJECT TITLE: REHABILITATION OF THANE CYCLONE VICTIMS IN SOUTH INDIA (9753)
REPORT TITLE: DISASTER MANAGEMENT TRAINING
REPORT PERIOD: 01.12.12 to 31.12.12
Disaster and Risk management continuous trainings were provided to the Boy and Girl students of Govt. High School, East Kumaramangalam Village, Cuddalore district which has severely collapsed in the cyclone Thane by the organizations Global Giving through Chevalier Roche Society.
Mr.R.Asokan, Assistant Head Master presided over the training programme in the presence of Mr.S.Venkatesan physical Education teacher, Mr.A.Thamothran, the project Manager and his team of Chevalier Roche Society provided the training for the students. The following facts were taught in the training.
- Nature of natural and man made disaster was explained clearly with the help of the pictures to the students.
- Details of disaster hit in India so far were discussed with the newspaper and the photographs evidences .
- Safety measures including early warning arrangement before the hit of disaster were dealt.
- It was emphasized to form a school level Disaster Management Committee to react at the time of disasters.
- Importance of the knowledge about the vulnerable places sites at the surrounding places of the school was explained.
- The identification of safety places and evacuation route was taught to the students.
- They were taught to collect the Emergency time phone numbers.
- Then they were taught about the precautions be followed during the continuous rain fall were taught
- The students were advised to maintain the health for the control of contagious disease by controlling methods
- They were also given the directions to be followed at the moment of cyclone and the alert given by Government.
- Avoidance of over crowd during festival times was taught.
- Methods to be followed during the disaster time at the domestic areas were demonstrated.
- Safety measures to be followed during the to and fro of school was also dealt with them.
RESCUE AND FIRST AID TRAINING PROGRAMME
On 21.12.12, 24.12.12 & 26.12.12 Rescue & First Aid continuous Training programmes were conducted for the boy and girl students of Government High School, East Kumaramangalam village, Cuddalore District which was affected severely by the Cyclone Thane. The programme was organized by Global Giving through Chevaliar Roche Society. The training programme was presided over by Mr.R.Asokan, Assistant Headmaster of Government High School in the presence of Mr. N.Rajkumar, the Mathematics teacher. Mr. A.Thamothran, the project Manager, chevalier Roche Society and his team facilitated the continuous Trainings along with the practical explanations.
During the training the following points were discussed.
- Searching and Rescue methods at the time of disasters were discussed with the students with the illustrations.
- Rescue of people who will be entangled in the fire accidents was demonstrated.
- The students were taught how to rescue the people who meet the vehicle accidents.
- They also taught how to rescue the community who meet the cyclone disasters
- Rescuing the people affected by the flood was taught with the demonstration.
- The students were also taught in detail about the method of rescuing the community who meet with electric accidents.
- It was taught that as soon as hearing the early warning the searching and rescuing actions must be taken immediately
- Rescuing methods of community without any agitation during disasters like tremors were taught.
- The students were taught the how to escape during the time of riots with the demo.
- Safety of individual person as well as the society were taught to the students
- Practically checking of pulse was done to know to do at the time of risk.
- The students were taught how to control the hemorrhage at the time of road accidents.
- Bandages to be made during the bone fracture was taught and shown practically.
- Artificial respiration method was also taught and shown to them to help the victims of accidents by themselves.
- The team also taught about doing the First Aid Treatment to the victims of fire accidents, biting of poisonous insects and snakes.
- They also taught the method of carrying the victims of disasters with the diagrams and demonstration.
DISASTER MANAGEMENT TRAINING
FIRST AID TRAINING
ARTIFICIAL RESPIRATION TRAINING
FIRST AID TRAINING FOR HEAD & HAND INJURY
EVACUATION FOR VICTIMS