HEAD MISTRESS DELIVERED PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS
PROJECT TITLE: REHABILITATION OF THANE CYCLONE VICTIMS IN SOUTH INDIA (9753)
REPORT TITLE: DISASTER MANAGEMENT TRAINING PROGRAMME
REPORT PERIOD: 01.06.12 to 30.06.12
Date : 27.06.12
Place : Government. Hr. Sec. School
Presidence : Mrs. Anbalaki
Government. Hr. Sec. School
Presence : Mr. Jegath Ratchakan
Government. Hr. Sec. School
Disaster and Risk Management Training programme was convened on 27.06.2012 for the school. School students at Government. Hr. Sec. School, Naduveerappattu situated at the district cuddalore which was affected by the cyclone Thane by Chevaliar Roche Society along with the organization Global Giving.
Mrs. Anbalaki, Headmistress Govt. Hr. Sec. School, Naduveerappattu presided over this Training Programme in the presence of Mr. Jegath Ratchkan Asst. Headmaster, Govt. Hr. Sec. School Naduveerappattu.
During the Training Programme following information. Regarding the Disaster was given to the students .
- School Level disaster management was explained in detail
- It was emphasized to form a school level Disaster and Risk Management Committee
- Explanation in detail about the early warning was given
- Search and Rescue was explained in detail
- It was taught how to save the victims of the fire accident.
- Controlling of the haemorrhage was explained to them in detail
- First Aid Method was explained to them in a detailed manner
- Regarding the Artificial Respiration the explanation was given.
- Carrying the injured by using the stretcher was taught to the students.
10. About the preparedness and self protection was explained in detail.
We provided the participants (both the students and teachers) the school level Disaster and Risk Reduction programme in theoretical and practical methods. So the participants attended the programme with much attended the programme with much involvement. N.S.S and N.C.C programmes were not there. Hence we asked the Headmistress and teachers to arrange for the both of these . Finally Mr. Balamurugan Tamil Teacher conveyed the vote of thanks.
DISASTER RISK REDUCTION MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME
Date : 29.06.2012
Venue : Kumalankulam Colony
Presidence : Mr. V.R. Seenivasan
Presence : Mr. Muthulingam
Councilor, 4th ward
At Kumalankulam colony, Kumalankulam Panchayat Cuddalore District which was affected by cyclone Thane on behalf of Chevaliar Roche Society and Global giving Disaster and Risk Reduction Management Training was offered.
Mr. Seenivasan , vice-president Kumalankulam Panchayat presided over the Training Prgramme in the presence of Mr.Muthulingam Councilor, 4th ward , Kumalankulam Panchayat . Following information was given during the panchayat level Disaster and Risk Reduction management Training programme .
- Most vulnerable places identification was taught to them
- Identification of most vulnerable persons such as aged people , children, orthopeadically handicapped was taught to the participants.
- Identification of alternative rates were emphasized
- Locating the safety places were taught to the
- Effects of the various disasters were explained to the people
- we encouraged them and taught them how to face and overcome the various disasters.
- We emphasized the necessity of knowing and collecting the phone numbers of Emergency centres ,such as primary Health Centre, Panchayat office, Fire Rescue Centre ,Police station etc.
- It was emphasized about the self protection until the Government officials are arrived at the place.
- It was informed to the people to be alert to see the stagnant water is not found with in the village.
10. It was also emphasizes to keep the village clean and environment be neat to avoid the contagious diseases.
11. It was advised to follow keenly the instructions being given by the Government officials and NGOs during the disaster times.
Mrs. Chinnapponnu Animator women self Help Group explained detail finally about the Results of the cyclone Thane hit occurred on 30th 31st Dec 2011. in an emotional as she saw with her our eyes. Mr. Sekar panchayat secretary , Kumaran kulam panchayat conveyed the vote of thanks to the participants of the training programme.
PROJECT MANAGER IN ACTION
ARTIFICIAL RESPIRATION DEMO
FIRST AID TRAINING
DISASTER MANAGEMENT TRAINING TO VULNERABLE YOUTH
VILLAGE VICE PRESIDENT DELIVERED LECTURE