The challenges facing the Masai in southern Kenya are:
* Encroaching desertification with rising poverty levels
* Scarcity of water
* Poor infastructure (schools, clinics and social services)
* Farming lifestyles with lack of business knowledge
* Lack understanding of the rightful place of women
* Poor child support and educational opportunities
This project will plant 20 million trees in Kenya in the next 5 years and provide access to clean water for 3800 people. We will train 400 people per year and promote community development via schools and clinics.
We will serve 3800 villagers in the planting out area and over 2500 students. The water shortage problem will be solved, the enviroment will be restored and our training will generate income/promote healthy lifestyles.