Himalayan Rural Support Program HRSP
Project Title: Rain Water Harvesting for 100 Household in Union Council Degwar Haveli Azad Kashmir
Current Project Activity REPORT April 3, 2011
Himalayan Rural Support Program HRSP now starting the infrastructure work with the potential beneficiaries after trainings on Rain Water Harvesting (RWH). local community has started the work at its level with local resources. But the capital they need is still awaited and it takes too much time to have funds for the response. It is like justice delayed, justice denied.
HRSP sub engineer Attique-uz- Zaman now working on the coordinates of each proposed house and its photograph on three dimension basis. the other information on water related issues in all the Villages of Union council Degwar namely, Rankary Khass, Rankary Chohan, Rankary Paeen, Hundi Pirran, Fatah Pur, Loi Dandi, Nari, Degwar, Akhori, and Danna. During this period HRSP and community agreed on the following terms and conditions.
● Local Community will start infrastructure work at their participation level.
● Local Community will construct low cost latrines to make the environment more hygienic
● HRSP will train the locally available plumbers / masons on Rain water harvesting and give IEC material.
● HRSP and local community together will ensure the timely implementation of this project
iv) Project Proposed Activities
- Hiring of project staff
- Training of Masons and community volunteers
- Making 100 house’ roofs able to harvest rain water
- Construction of 100 water ponds
- Hygiene and sanitation trainings for the people especially mothers and fathers of children of age less than five
In the proposed Project area receives 1500 mm rain/year which can be stored and we want to modify house roofs which are made up of CGI sheet to store rain water and to construct water ponds it will be done by training of local people who will build such roofs. Some of them have already CGI sheet roofs to modify in Rain water harvesting enables. Sites for water ponds construction and the process of community mobilization has also been initiated and got a good acceptance and appreciation. It will bring the people out of grab of rare water. It is hoped to have the Project area open defecation free (ODF) by implementation of this Project and the health of women and children will be improved in particular and the general public as a whole. Local poorer communities are waiting for this marvelous response from the donors to meet the dire need and provide an opportunity to say thanks.
Syed Aftab Hussain Hussain Bukhari
Secretary General/ CEO