Jabri School Building nearing completion
Jabri School Construction Update: I visited the DIL School Jabri in Balakot on July 30th, 2012. Building work on the single story building is 98 percent completed. The main gate and glass window panes remain, while for the electric meter the demand notice has been submitted and will be installed within 15 days. Thus far, here is a list of completed works:
- Foundation work completed.
- School building blocks masonry work completed.
- CGI sheets & fall ceiling fitting completed.
- Playground leveling completed.
- Front and back retaining walls completed.
- Boundary wall completed.
- Water tank construction completed.
I have met with the parents of children in the Balakot. They are really happy and full of thanks to DIL Supporters for building a school in their village.
Ranjali School Construction Update: I visited DIL Ranjali school on Wednesday July 18, 2012. The Ranjali school is double story building which is under construction and roughly 60 percent of the work is complete. The ground floor plaster work and first floor brick masonry work will be completed in the next two weeks. Our estimated time for completion of this job is November, 2012. The work details are as follows:
- Building foundation work completed.
- Ground floor superstructure completed.
- Ground floor form work completed.
- Steel cutting and fixing completed.
- Ground floor concrete poring completed.
- Ground floor window protection completed.
- Ground floor plaster work started.
- Ground floor earth leveling & compaction started.
- First floor brick masonry work under process almost 40 percent completed.
- First floor window protection form works started.
- Boundary wall PPC & foundation completed.
- Boundary wall under construction 60 percent completed.
- Plinth protection under construction 30 percent completed.
- Septic tank demarcation completed.
- Septic tank construction completed.
Ranjali School - Outside view
Jabri School - Inside a classroom
Jabri School - Restrooms