Last week, ACFA-Mali celebrated its first year anniversary. Indeed it was only a year ago, on 23 Jun 2010, that Lassine and Adama Traore arrived at ACFA-Mali in search of hope. And hope they, and those who followed them, have found, thanks to your continued support. Thank you! In fact, June has been a very busy month at ACFA-Mali with the following:
1. The children completed their academic year and are passing with flying colors to their respective next grade level;
2. ACFA-Mali was blessed with the arrival of two additional girls, both orphans;
3. The agricultural campaign has started to grow food to be used to feed the children;
4. The children celebrated ACFA-Mali’s 1st anniversary on 23 Jun;
5. They participated in the celebration of the African Child Day with the government and other children organizations
6. We have arranged for their summer activities: theatrical art, drawing, musical instrument learning, etc.. and they are ready to commence this in July.
Unfortunately, we do have a challenge that we are currently facing: rain water is entering the children’s home (see attached pictures). It will cost us $956.67 to fix the yard so that water does not run into the house. You have the opportunity to make your donations go even further now. Our partner organization is matching 100% donations made to ACFA. So please consider donating to ACFA now, so that your funds will be multiplied and we can fix the children’s house yard. Thank for your continued support.
PS: Our Annual Report is now available on our web site. Enjoy reading the accomplishments that you have made possible.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.