Children In Taekwondo Gear
In Mali, many families live in very poor and difficult situations. This condition leads to children being raised in less than minimum required conditions for their physical and mental development. Some children are left on the streets; others are exploited as beggars to bring money back to the master or extended family members who are supposed to take care of them. This is why ACFA’s role in Mali is extremely important.
ACFA takes children off the streets and puts them in a safe and loving environment, affording them all the tools necessary for a successful future. We continue delivering our programs to the children as they strive every day. Currently, we take care of twelve children right now, but our vision is to be able to take care of 100 vulnerable children in Mali.
1. To commemorate National Nutrition month in March, ACFA was featured on a well-known Malian TV channel as our staff demonstrated our nutritional program and its benefits to the children. We will be sending this video to you in the near future when received from Mali.
2. The children visited the national park, the national museum, and the zoo: these visits are educational both academically and culturally.
3. We have taken appropriate measures to meet the challenges of the hottest season in Mali, with additional ventilators and other equipment purchased.
4. Academically, the children have been preparing for and are now ready for their end of year final exams scheduled for June.
5. The basketball children won their category’s championship in Badalabougou on 26 April 2015.
6. The taekwondo children won their semi-final competition in Baco-Djocoroni qualifying them for the final competition to be scheduled in the near future.
7. In Zorokoro, the complex we are building to house more children, we have completed the temporary kitchen and recreation center for the children. We are currently working on a mini-cage to enclose the gas containers, and the solar panels for the dorm.
In the U.S.:
1. Our 2014 annual report has been published and can be found at: http://www.acfacorp.org/en/annual-reports/english-categories/about-us/annual-reports/annual-reports.
2. Our next fundraiser is scheduled for 30 June from 6 pm – 9pm in Washington DC at Café Citron, 1343 Connecticut Ave., NW, conveniently located near Dupont Circle. Please join us to learn more about ACFA and hear a fresh update from a board member returning from Bamako. Please RSVP to Kadiatou@acfacorp.org.
Thank you for your continued support. Please visit http://www.acfacorp.org/en/donate-page-xmfrom-the-heartxm/english-categories/donation/donations to support ACFA.