Fundraising is a great way to get involved!
Hello to our generous supporters!
First, I’d like to thank you again for being a Women’s Resource Center donor and long time supporter. Donors are essential to keeping our doors open and our programs constantly improving.
Thanks to you we have been excelling in our educational workshops we provide to women and girls--and also some men in our Parents Talk workshops.
How? Our educational workshops have been in high demand this year from outside organizations wishing to provide this invaluable information to their clients. Because of this we are happy to report we have been able to reach more women, girls and their families, including children, than ever before! That's reason to celebrate and be proud of how your generosity is providing for and empowering so many.
I’m writing today to ask if you can help WRC in another way.
We’ve got a great opportunity this September with our GlobalGiving campaign Provide women and girls education in Cambodia that I’m hoping you can help with.
GlobalGiving is offering three bonus awards—$2,000, $1,000 and $500—to the projects that have the most fundraisers during the month of September. Fundraisers must raise at least $500 from at least 10 donors to qualify for a prize. And, for every fundraiser that reaches the thresholds, GlobalGiving will offer an extra $50!
Getting started is easy!
Step 1: Create a fundraiser page on GlobalGiving by scrolling down to just under the second orange 'donate' button and click the green 'Fundraiser' icon.
Step 2: Sign up or Log In to GlobalGiving.
Step 3: Create your fundraising page with a fundraising name, kind of fundraiser - General, Tribute or Be AWESOME!! - add a photo and you have your very own fundraising page you can share on Facebook. You can use the widget at the bottom to post on your blog or website.
N.B. Remember your fundraiser must start September 1st and end September 30th.
Some ideas for you to share with your friends about why they should donate to Women's Resource Center:
* Since opening 2.5 years ago, 100% more women are now dropping in for counseling support and referrals to services they need for themselves and their families.
* 1 in 4 women experience domestic violence in Cambodia. * 30% of women lacking a skilled attendant during childbirth
* 28% of children under 5 years of age are under weight, and those living in poor households with uneducated mothers are most likely to be malnourished.
* We currently provide free domestic violence awareness, women's health and positive parenting educational workshops to women.
* In 2014, we will have 2 new workshops available to women - Financial Management and Safe Migration/Trafficking Awareness.
To sweeten the deal for your supporters, GlobalGiving is offering awesome prizes - airplane tickets, a flip cam, and more! - and we’re also offering prizes to the top fundraisers that raise the most money from the most donors. Stay tuned for more details!
Many thanks for all you do,