Monthly Performance Report - Local Partner (SORD)
Project to protect 1469 children from malnutritionFor children Without age Fifth and 1360 of nursing mothers and pregnant between circles displaced and society the host Hajjah Governorate
March - May 2023 / AD
The author of the report: Muhammad Abu Haidar
project name :
to treat malnutritionFor children Without age Fifth And breastfeeding and pregnant between circles displaced and society the host in Hajjah Governorate .
The project Location: Aslam District - Hajjah Governorate
The name of the organization applying for the scholarship : Sand Organization for Relief and Development ( SORD )
Report duration : 61 days
starting date: 1/3/2023 Expiry date : 4/30/2023
Organization address : Capital Municipality - Directorate of Shoub - Al Habari
phone number: 0096701205757
Prepared the report: Muhammad Abu Haider
Current Position : project manager
mobile number: 00967 775907606
Organization's website : www.sanid.org
It has been very inspiring to see the work that you do globalgiving and the humanitarian community , the Sanid organization . Expresses its deep gratitude to all the humanitarian supporters who are doing their best to help the Yemeni society and alleviate its suffering.In the midst of an escalating global food insecurity crisis, hope is waning for millions already suffering from extreme hunger . It is the hope to save him from the specter of famine that has reached him.And According to the Yemen Humanitarian Needs Overview document (HNO) for the year 2023
In the Aslam district, one of the districts of Hajjah Governorate and one of the poorest regions of Yemen, there is famine, epidemics and diseases, not to mention being a conflict and war because it is a border area with Saudi Arabia, which as a result has become an arena of wars and continuous conflicts that has led to depriving it of the most basic services and suffering from an applied siege and making it a military zone in which the humanitarian conditions have worsened. The most important of which is the famine that led to malnutrition among children under the age of five and pregnant and lactating women, as these children and women are considered the most vulnerable and sick. They struggle every day for their lives and need immediate specialized care to save their lives in order to survive . . A child with severe acute malnutrition is 9 times more likely to die than a well-nourished child. For this reason, the ambition of the organization's work is to continue life-saving care for the child in more than 8 centers during the year 2023 for therapeutic feeding throughout Hajjah governorate. . In the event that the capabilities are available, this is the ambition of its goals.
Hajjah is one of the Yemeni governorates with a high prevalence of acute malnutrition
. They need a projectEmergency health and nutrition project and emergency human capital project
l Vital nutrition services are provided to the most vulnerable communities. There are eight therapeutic feeding centers
It lacks sufficient support to cover the needs of malnourished people, whether nutritional supplements, the most important of which is therapeutic milk.
It is also in dire need of rehabilitation, furnishing, equipment and supplies .
According to the analysis, Aslam district is the most vulnerable in Hajjah governorate , where food insecurity and acute malnutrition converge to extremely high levels .
For severe malnutrition, the WHZ score range in this directorate , a measure of wasting for children under five, from 17% to 26%, well above the emergency threshold for those concerned of 15%, while for severe food insecurity, this directorate (Aslam) The highest prevalence rates, with more than 65 percent of the population in the third stage of classification, are obtained by the official authorities and the follow-up of the situation for food insecurity and above at the present time .
It is also expected that a large number of the targeted district will move to higher IPC stages, with significantly reduced levels of humanitarian food assistance .
In turn, SORD submitted its project entitled: “ Protection 1469 Yemeni children under the age of five and 1360 pregnant and lactating women in Yemen. The proposed project aims to contribute to reducing deaths and diseases associated with acute malnutrition for children under the age of five, pregnant women and nursing mothers in the targeted areas with high rates of acute malnutrition. During the second quarter From 2023 , children under five years of age and pregnant and lactating women with acute malnutrition are provided with appropriate complementary feeding.Societal awareness has been raised among pregnant women, nursing mothers and girls of childbearing age regarding the prevalence of malnutrition, both for the child and the mother, and the importance of nutrition Good mental and physical health, and how to use the available resources in order to overcome or reduce malnutrition.More details can be found about the project's achievements on our part, and based on the available capabilities, we have made remarkable progress compared to the percentage of cases recorded by the team in the field.During the course of The first quarter of the year 2023 in Hajjah Governorate, Aslam region, as follows:.
Activities carried out during March and April:
According to what was determined in the report of the first quarter of the year 2023, an :indicator has been set that will be achieved during the period from March to May
( LOOK TO THE TABLE AS IN THE ATTCHMENT )
These indicators are for the objectives of the program, which began to be implemented from March 1 to April 30, but it has not been fully achieved due to the scarcity of capabilities.
SANID has worked to implement the activities according to its available capabilities and in accordance with the support and donations it received from Global.
Narrative activity report:
The total number of beneficiaries during the months of March and April for the year 2023: 1426 women and children distributed over the servicesWhich is implemented by Sand distributed as follows :
- Coordination was made with the health center to receive 207 cases of malnourished children (new). They were presented to the specialized doctors within the malnutrition program at the health center in Aslam district.
Where nearly 320 cases of malnourished children were registered, and as we mentioned that due to the lack of resources, Sanad could not help this number of injured people, as it was able to provide aid (examination, examinations and disbursement of therapeutic supplements to 207 children under the age of 5 years who suffer from toxic and poor malnutrition .
Immunization was carried out through vaccinations for children under the age of five, for 308 children, from infectious and deadly diseases.
- 207 children under the age of five who were assisted were received in March and April, and they continue to follow up on their cases until recovery. Their cases were followed up through examination and nutritional supplements.
- After coordination with the health center, the Maternity and Childhood Department, to receive 214 cases of malnourished mothers, pregnant and lactating women (new), and they were presented to the specialized doctors within the motherhood and childhood program at the health center in Aslam district.
Where nearly 300 pregnant and lactating women with malnutrition were registered. As we mentioned, due to the lack of capabilities, Sanad could not help this number of pregnant and lactating women who need health care and follow-up. Sanad was able to provide aid (examinations, examinations, and disbursement of therapeutic supplements to 214 women (pregnant and lactating women). .
Immunization procedures for 132 pregnant women against tetanus.
- Also, 338 women who attended the center were received for follow-up, who were assisted in the month of October, especially those who are pregnant in the last months and newly breast-feeding women.
- whose cases have become difficult and require intensive care, have been referred to some of the governorate’s hospitals, which have special capabilities and care, where
- they were assisted with the costs of transportation, accommodation, supplementary feeding, and intensive care room fees in private hospitals.
- Referring 7 cases of pregnant women suffering from chronic diseases and needing special care to hospitals in the governorate center. A case, including a heart patient, was referred to the capital, Sana'a.
- Implementation of 32 awareness sessions on aspects of reproductive health, measures to prevent malnutrition, hygiene methods, and proper healthy nutrition. 320 pregnant and breastfeeding women were targeted by volunteer midwives .
- Coordinating with the local authority and the competent authorities in the Aslam district in order to obtain a map of services for the agencies working in the same field within the district and neighboring areas in order to exchange experiences and refer some cases that need other services that are not available to us.
Where 32 cases of transition to recovery from malnourished children were recorded, including 20 females and 12 males.
- The deterioration of the health situation in the health centers in the targeted areas.
- Unavailability of salaries for workers in health centers.
- Poor capabilities to cover the frequent visitors to health centers.
- Lack of support and donations.
- The high number of malnourished people.
Get to know the conditions of the target area closely.
- Tangible cooperation by the health authorities represented by the health center in the Aslam district, the health department in the directorate and the competent authorities.
- Society's love, appreciation, respect, and thanks to the implementing organization and to the supporting parties for the implementation of these activities.
- Identifying many areas in Hajjah Governorate, in which malnutrition cases are increasing.
- Redoubling efforts to provide support and assistance to save the largest number of children and women who are on the brink of death.