OFFICIALS EXPLAINED PLANTATION TECHNIQUES
PROJECT TITLE: PROMOTION OF ORGANIC FARMING IN THOOTHUKUDI
REPORT TITLE : TOWARDS ORGANIC VILLAGE
REPORT PERIOD: 16.01.12. TO 15.02.12
PUTHIYAMPUDUR VILLAGE (TAMILNADU , INDIA) DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
EXPOSURE VISIT AT AGRICULTURAL COLLEGE AND RESEARCH CENTRE, (TAMILNADU AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY, TNAU) KILLIKULAM
India is an agricultural country. For a long time agriculture is going on here. According to the climate planting and harvest were done. In the seasonal month it is natural here to sow the seeds. According to the season of wind, winter and rainy seasons here farmers were using natural fertilizers not the chemical fertilizers. That is why food production increased. As a contrary to this, at present people are using continually artificial fertilizers in agriculture. Usage of Natural fertilizers decreased. Therefore the nutrition of the soil is decreasing. When the nutrition of the soil decreased day by day, usage of chemical fertilizers increased. Therefore nature of the soil changed and production of agriculture was affected much. During the harvest the farmers get small yield only. Therefore the agricultural work is in destroying condition. Hence the farmers are afraid to work in the agricultural field. They are afraid because they feel they might meet loss. Being removed the fears of the farmers we plan to encourage the farmers in some selected villages. In order to fulfill this purpose in village Puthiyamputhur, Thoothukudi Block we have started the survey in order to improve the agriculture in our villages.
On 18th January'12 we started from the Puthiyampudur Village along with the Team of 23 farmers by a Deluxe – Seated Van at 8.30 A.M and exactly at 10.00 A.M. We reached the Agricultural College and Research Centre, Killikulam. Dr.Sangeetha (Professor & Head, Dept. of Social Sciences, Killikulam College) received us guided as to Dr. Manivannan, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Horticulture, Dr. Manivannan gaves us a nice presentation an Brinjal seedling dwarf palm plantation, senna and seedling with the usage of Green Farm. Also he showed us green house and senna plantation. Dr. Manivannan gave the opportunity to the farmers to ask the questions Farmers questions asked him many questions regarding Fruits and Vegetables and he answered all questions patiently. It was much useful to the farmers especially he explained in detail about the much fruits yielding varieties of Mango. On completion of his presentation we had the lunch.
After lunch Dr. Senthilvel, Asst. Professor, Horticulture gave an excellent lecture on paddy cropping planting technologies and good yielding varieties. Also he took us to the crops planted area again explained us to the crops planted area again explained us in detail practically farmers of the Puthiyampudur village felt very glad about this. This exposure visit was accomplished at 5.00 P.M
As the part of the Puthiyampudur Organic Farming programme, drip water irrigation, and corrected paddy plantation, an exposure visit was arranged for the farmers of Puthiyampudur village. Through a seated van we proceeded to Agri clinic. There Mr.Kaliappan field officer, Agri. Clinic welcomed us kindheartedly. He Guided us to the field and explained about drip water irrigation in detail to the farmer from Puthiyampudur village.
METHODOLOGIES OF DRIP WATER IRRIGATION TRAINING:
- In a right place, at right time in right measure, at low pressure prevision of water and fertilizer to the crops.
- Because of the climate changes the measurement of rain fall decreases day by day. So the water level in the ground also is decreasing in a large quantity.
- Global Giving aided staff team takes various efforts to preserve the under ground water and to up grade the systematic agriculture and to develop the agricultural production.
- Wastage of water is avoided by the application of drip water irrigation. And the crops also get enough water for their growth.
- Soil erosion is avoided as the drip water irrigation method is kept up.
- Because of the drip water irrigation un necessary expense of workers wages and electricity is avoided.
- Agricultural production can be developed to 3 folds.
- The formers who used the drip irrigation for vegetable plants now apply the same to sugar came and fruit plants.
- Now the Govt. offers 100% grant for drip water irrigation.
- Because of these the need of mineral to this plants decrease.
- As the enough gap is provided in this process, all crops get enough sunlight
- Being used the weed cutter in a sample way weeds can be removed easily
- As the root and stem portions grow fast, the spikes also grow faster and a good harvest is obtained
- Being used this process paddy agriculture is done in a large agricultural production can be developed to an enormous level
- All crops equally get the nutrition. This exposure visit was very good and much useful to the farmers.
As a part of Puthiyampudur organic farming training programme ON 20.01.12for the manufacture pf vermin compost fertilizer at social welfare centre, Mr.Vellapandi farmers association leader Mr.A.Damotharan project Manager, Global Giving aided Chevaliar Roche Society welcomed everybody and offered welcome speech. Mr.M.S. Mahadevan, Agricultural Officer, Agricultural Research Centre Tiruchendur Block, Mr. Esackimuthu, Asst. project officer, Agriculture Inspection centre, Sonakanvillai participated the programme and delivered the lectures on manufacture of vermin compost fertilizer and their benefits in detail. Finally the Senior Farmer Arumuga Devar delivered the vote of thanks. In this meet plenty of farmers participated and benefited..
METHODOLOGIES OF VERMI COMPOST TRAINING :
- Natural fertilizer is suitable for agriculture and health of the humanity
- By the usage of Natural fertilizers, not only the fertility of the soil is preserved but also the agriculture production can be multiplied.
- By the enormous usage of chemical fertilizers fertility of the soil, water resources are heavily affected. Also turns the taste of the soil, water resources are heavily affected. Also turns the taste of the agricultural food products and spoil the health of the people. To a great extent environment is also affected. Therefore the Global giving aided Project team the officials of agricultural dept. and those who are interested in the improvement of Environment emphasize the farmers to use the organic fertilizers.
- Of the organic fertilizers vermin compost can be prepared in an easy manner at homes and home gardens.
- At first a pit having the length of a feet, width of 3 feet and a depth of 1 meter should be dug out sand should be put.
- Upon the sand layer hay cut into small pieces, vegetable waste leaves and stems, wastes from restaurant shall be poured out. Upon this mixture of wastes, a mixture of cow dung, urine and sugar solution shall be sprinkled. Above that black soil shall be spread and solution containing cow dung shall be sprinkled. Like wise these should be made as 4 layers and up to the height of 2 meters and to be kept as an unit.
- Upon this unit green house should be formed to avoid the direct flow of sunlight.
- Water should be sprinkled everyday continually both in morning and evening for 60 days.
- After the completion of 60 days this unit should be kept fried for 7 days.
- After this the vermin compost fertilizer unit can be dug out, filtered, pocketed properly and sold to the farmers, They can utilize these in their agricultural fields.
- If this unit is kept permanently in the crop fields, in a large manner vermin compost can be be manufactured and it would improve the fertility of the soil. It is commonly called as “ Amirtha matti or Amirtha Jalli” he talk like equipments can be prepared and in which the vermin compost can be manufactured.
OFFICIALS EXPLAINED PLANTATION TECHNIQUES
EXPOSURE VISIT TO DRIP IRRIGATION SITE
MR.CHINAKALIAPPAN (FIELD OFFICER) EXPLAINED
CONTINUOUS TRAINING FOR WOMEN FARMERS
CONTINUOUS TRAINING FOR WOMEN FARMERS