"On every continent, there are girls who will go on to change the world in ways we can only imagine, if only we allow them the freedom to dream.” —US President Barak Obama
It is a joy to share photos of three young village women in primary school teacher training this year thanks to generous GlobalGiving donors! These women are excited to be embarking on their professional training and futures in education.
This holiday season, we have a huge opportunity to support other young, smart and hard-working post secondary girls in northern Burkina Faso eager to become primary school teachers. Primary school teacher training will qualify them for productive employment and enable the government to increase the number of primary school teachers in underserved villages where parents are desperate to send their children to school.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3 is your opportunity to double your support for primary school teacher training because Microsoft’s YouthSpark initiative will MATCH ALL DONATIONS AT 100%! The details:
- 100% matching begins December 3rd, 2013, at 12:00:01 PM (noon) ET (9:00:01 PT) and will end December 4th, 2013, at 12:00:00 PM (noon) ET, or when matching funds run out.
- The $250,000 available in matching funds from Microsoft are likely to run out very early (within the first hour) so we strongly encourage you to donate early!
- Matching is applied at 100% for every $10 up to $1,000 per donor per project
- Only online donations (credit card or PayPal) are eligible for matching
- Donations made by gift card, check, or text-to-give are not eligible
Make #GivingTuesday a day to give back and create a better world for children in Burkina Faso.
Our sincere thanks for your help in launching our primary school teachers of tomorrow and helping to build access to education in rural Burkina Faso.
Our very best wishes to you and your loved ones during this holiday season.
Ouedraogo Salimata de O.
Ouedraogo Salimata de N.