We start the year with a big Thank You to everyone. The year 2012 was a great challenge but our collaboration with you as donors and volunteers enabled PAAJAF to sponsor 6 children’s school fees and provide welfare support to 2 additional children.
Without your help we would not have been able to reach our beneficiaries. Please, let us celebrate the impact we have made.
PAAJAF identifies children in desperate circumstances, orphans, neglected and poor children. $90 pays for one child’s school term, there are 3 school terms in an academic year. Your 2012 donations enabled us to settle school fees for the following poor children:
- Gilbert and Ebenezer are senior high school students; they want to go to university to become qualified accountants. Ebenezer says...”I want to become an accountant and learn business, I am 7th born of my parents and PAAJAF have helped pay my school fees.”
- Lauryn’s mother is a widow; with no form of income therefore donations have meant Lauryn can attend primary classes.
- Vira was abandoned by her father and lives with her mother. Her mother works as a nursery teacher with monthly of income of $50. On her own, it is barely enough to pay the school fees. With your help, Vira is now attending school.
- Erica is an orphan and was frequently given school notices for her dress-code and threatened with expulsion from school. Now Erica is at primary school. Erica’s aunt is incredibly grateful to donors.
- Christpher now attends pre-school, Christpher's mother Doris says " I am much grateful to the donors for Christpher's Education. It is marvelous to see this. There was no hope but your donation has put smile to my face and my child's face."
In addition, we are grateful to sponsors contributing to the well-being of 2 year old Nidaar and 7 year old orphan Ben. This is providing food, clothes, vaccines and school fees. Thank you so much for your support.
Ben’s sponsor Mainak from the USA says “I’ve decided to sponsor a child in Ghana because it really makes a difference. I’ve chosen to sponsor Ben, 7, because I really want to help him to have a better life...” We are very happy for Ben.
Regular contributions from donors, even $10 a month (less than a cup of coffee per day) helps improve a needy child’s life. It gives a child basic necessity – food such as rice and maize, a vaccine, a school book, durable clothing and improved living conditions. Additionally, donors help give a needy child emotional and mental comfort because he or she knows that someone cares for him or her elsewhere. Find out more about PAAJAF children
Please note Global Giving matches all monthly recurring donations. Please pass this message on to friends and family and spread the sponsor a child story. We are also grateful to Global Giving for raising awareness of this project on their website and in their social media.
Our goal for 2013, by the end of the year we want to be able to extend child sponsorship from six to twenty and resume other projects that are on hold due to lack of funding. We will keep you updated on our children’s progress!
How can we work together to attract wider support for this cause and help more children? Your ideas and suggestions are gratefully received - please email email@example.com
Lauryn and Christpher