THE SONIC PEACEMAKERS PRESENTS “THE SOUNDS OF PAKISTAN AND BEYOND”
The long awaited debut release from Sonic Peacemakers is a Magical Musical Journey through the Indus Valley entitled "The Sounds of Pakistan and Beyond." This Special Collector's 4 CD Set will raise funds for humanitarian and music projects to benefit children in Pakistan and to shine an international spotlight on all the beautiful and
diverse music of Pakistan. Here's some of the key information about this unique collection...
FIRST OF ITS KIND - 61 SONG DONATIONS FROM PAKISTANI ARTISTS TO BENEFIT PAKISTAN
Sonic Peacemakers is proud to present this amazing collection of music from Pakistan. Featuring traditional songs, pop classics, sufi rock, instrumental guitar, banjo, sitar and tabla tracks and newly released cuts from new and acclaimed artist of Pakistan. “The Sounds of Pakistan and Beyond” has something for everyone, taking the listener on a journey through the wondrous, mystical landscape of Pakistan. Every artist on this CD Set is a Sonic Peacemakers Ambassador who has given their music, time and energy to this collection in order to raise awareness and funds for music programs, cross cultural collaborations between Pakistani and western artists, humanitarian projects for children and to promote the bright side of Pakistan to The World.
Some of The Highlights from "The Sounds of Pakistan and Beyond"
1) Two brand new, never before heard versions of songs made famous by Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn: "Halka Halka Suroor" by Farhan Saeed (Jal Band) and "Sansoo Ki Mala" by Tashika Shah (one of Pakistan's upcoming female Sufi singers)
2) Never before heard and exciting Songs by QB (Quratulain Balouch): Sayyian (The very first song she ever recorded, funded by Todd Shea in 2010, long before anyone knew of her and her great talents) and another of her first recordings, "Akhian Nu Rain De"
3) "Qalandar," a brand new, never before heard song by Coke Studio star Arieb Azhar.
4) Strings huge current hit song "Mein Tou Daikho Ga"
5) Big hits from Pakistan's top music stars Sanam Marvi, Ali Zafar, Zoe Viccaji, Haroon, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Shehzad Roy, Komal Rizvi, Mekaal Hasan Band, The Sketches, Yasir & Jawad, Uzair Jaswal, Babar Xia, Abbas Ali Khan, Alamdar, Public Jones, Sajid and Zeeshan, Shaheryar Mirza, Junaid Khan (of The Call), Laal, Jehangir Aziz, Raah Band, Sami Khan, Saturn, Noori, Overload, Assad Husnain & Abrar Ul Haq
6) A New Song called "Cheetah Sepahi" by Aizee in tribute to the Pakistan Army. Aizee is a Captain in the Pakistan Army and a decorated war hero
7) "Inquillab" by hard rock outfit Qayaas, just voted "World's Best Rock Band" at the Global Indie Music Awards
8) Brand New, never before heard songs by upcoming female artists Natasha Humera Ejaz, Asma Qadeer, Schumaila Hussain, Club Caramel and Zill-e-Huma
9) A Pashtun song for Peace by folk singer Khalid Khan
10) "Land of the Rising Sun" by Overdrive, a moving Pakistani tribute to Japan dedicated to the victims of the tsunami and in remembrance of all the great contribution from Japan after the 2005 earthquake in Pakistan
11) "Mu Ni Mani," and amazing song provided by IPAC (The Institute for the Preservation of Art and Culture)
12) Debut track "Teray Warga" from Sonic Peacemakers Youngest Ambassador Sohaib Ali Khan, an 18 year old singing sensation with both hip hop influence and classical music training from the great Ustad Fateh Ali Khan and Shafqat Amanat Ali
13) The CD "Guitaristan," opening with a Balouchi Banjo and Tabla tune by Iqbal Balouch and Amb Jogi, ending with a beautiful sitar piece by Waqar Hussain, awesome bookends for many of Pakistan's greatest guitarists, including award winning Jazz guitarist Rez Abbasi, acoustic guitar virtuoso Usman Riaz, world renown lead guitarist Aziz Ibrahim (Simply Red, The Stone Roses, Asia) and six string maestros Lanny Cordola (The Beach Boys, House Of Lords, Nancy Sinatra), Shallum Xavier (Fuzon), Sarmad Ghafoor (Qayaas, Atif Aslam), Khurram Waqar (Qayaas), Jamal Rahman, Abbas Premjee, Mekaal Hasan, Zeejah and Project Berklee
14) "We Will Rise Again" by Todd Shea, Atif Aslam and Lanny Cordola (A tribute to Pakistan's earthquake flood victims, the video for the song was the first pubic performance of music in Sway in more than 5 years)
15) "Little Feet" by Todd Shea and the Children of Chikar, a small village in Kashmir where Todd performed humanitarian work after the 2005 earthquake