Our latest Newsletter has hit the the streets, and we also have another matching drive coming up in just a few days! Please scroll down to read more about the matching drive starting October 15th at 9:01pm, EDT ( this time in your city). All donations are matched by 30% (up to $1,000 per donor) while funds last!
Here is a great article about one of our essential and hard working Community Health Workers, Jin-Hong, from the Newsletter:
Jin-Hong has long ties with the AOS-PATS family. Heart-wrenchingly featured in Blood of YingZhou District, she and her two younger siblings lost their parents to HIV/AIDS when they were very young. Even though the three of them do not have the disease, they were still faced with harsh discrimination in school and in their neighborhood. Jin-Hong and her siblings were forced to grow up quickly. Luckily, the director of AOS took them under her wing and helped them thrive.
Fast forward to today, Jin-Hong is the health worker in charge of more than 15 kids in Lixin County. She is always dressed with the latest fashion (ruffled skirt with colorful leggings and straight across bangs) and wears a huge smile on her face. With her background, she has the unique ability to empathize with the par-ents and children in the PATS program. Not only does she make home visits to do pill counts and regular checkups, she also uses an instant messaging program like QQ to stay in touch with the PATS kids who are now teenagers. Through seemingly small innovations like this, she was able to not only be the kids’ health worker but their friend and men-tor. She sets an example to the PATS children that life doesn’t end because you or your loved ones are touched by HIV/AIDS. She has transformed the tragedy in her life into fuel and strength to inspire her to help others.
We have another wonderful matching drive coming up just for projects in our region! If you have been meaning to donate to PATS this year but haven't yet, this is a great opportunity for you to stretch your dollars a little further for the PATS kids! All donations are matched by 30% (up to $1,000 per donor) while funds last! We encourage you to get donations in as early as you can, because matching funds will definitely run out before the end of the day.
Wednesday, October 16th (starts Tuesday, October 15th at 9:01 pm EDT)
$15,000 available in matching
Start time: 9:01 pm EDT October 15 (this time in your city)
- Matching will begin at 9:01 pm EDT on Tuesday, October 15th (this time in your city) and will end at 8:59 pm ET on Wednesday, October 16th, or until funds run out
- There is $15,000 available in matching funds
- Matching is applied at 30% up to $1,000 per donor per project (for example, a donation of $1,500 will receive a $300 match)
- Only donations made by unique donors per project will be matched
- The project that raises the most funds on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving
- The project that has the most unique donors on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving
- Only online donations (credit card or PayPal) are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible
- Donations made on www.globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving corporate sites (including Nike, Eli Lilly, Global Action Atlas, etc) are NOT eligible for matching
- Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. GlobalGiving is monitoring these and other parameters in their system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted towards the donor bonus award