As Chinese New Year rolls around, it's time to give thanks for all of you, our GlobalGiving supporters, and provide you some great stats on the impact PATS is making with your help. No matter what size gift you give us, it all helps the children in a big way.
- We welcomed 2 new kids from Funan. Those two children were recommended to us from their doctors, who are also the ones for the current PATS children, suggesting that the doctors firmly believe in the PATS model.
- We have a total of 43 children now. 3 PATS "children" have left the program because they have moved away from the region and are currently working in coastal cities.
- PATS currently supports 7 full time community health workers.
- AOS, our local partner, is expanding into GuangXi province, where there is a serious HIV/AIDS epidemic from drug trade with neighboring Southeast Asian countries. While PATS would love to expand with AOS, we still have a firm conviction that we need to make sure we are able to sustain a level of funding that can support children in the PATS program. Expanding into Guangxi will mean a significant increase in funding needs.
- PATS has a Chinese New Year event (2nd year in a row) partnering with Shady Hill School in Cambridge,MA to raise awareness and celebrate Chinese New Year with local middle school students. If you are in the area, please join us in the festivities!
- One sustained Global Giving donor has become a Sponsor to sponsor a child (if you are a regular supporter, you can do this easily too. Just use the monthly recurring tab when making a donation).
- PATS raised almost $3,000 from our GlobalGiving supporters in Q4 of 2011, including the matching gift day on October 19th. This covers the needs of more than 3 of the children for an entire year. The needs don't end there, though, so please continue to support these children so they can live happy, healthy childhoods.
As always, stay connected to PATS through GlobalGiving, or through these other channels:
From all of us at PATS, have a happy, healthy, and wonderful New Year!