On Wednesday, the 21st of December, we were able to toast in honor of the end of the year for the “Barrios de Unión y Futuro” Trust. We were joined by the Desarrollares Barriales (Community Developers) as well as others residents interested in the project. Raúl Zavalía, our Executive Director, arrived early at the event, just in time to help put on the final touches, and he stayed with us until the very end.
We celebrated with very tasty pizzas, empanadas, sandwiches, torrejas and a variety of cakes, all of these cooked by the beneficiaries of the project. Plus, we received some donations of food and drinks from the 25 de Mayo Street neighorhood’s shopkeepers.
In addition to enjoying a wonderful time together, we had the opportunity to reflect on the major events of the project during 2011, as well as the objectives for the coming year, which can be summarized as the following:
- Contributions: We increased the number of Community Developers from 12 to 78 and, instead of having a unique meeting weekly, there are now 4 per week.
- Signing of the BUyF Trust: More than 500 people present for the assembly.
- Project Commitment: More than 2.750 families (80%) signed the project approval.
- Gas Natural Fenosa has taken charge of the FOMIN project’s technical management: FUVA, BuyF, and the third Trusteeship to be announced in 2012.
- We begin the new year in very good conditions to successfully develop the project.
- We will continue to incorporate the activities of the Community Developers.
- We will work together with the municipality through the National Regulatory Agency for Gas (ENARGAS).
- Above all, it is going to be the year that is turning the adhesion to more than 2.750.
At the end of the evening, Raúl recounted the history of the trusts. Furthermore, he also highlighted the major strategic steps of Gas Natural Fenosa as technical manager of the project and its impact on BUyF.
Upon finishing the toast, the participants (those who are not Community Developers) were given flyers inviting them to the upcoming meetings of the project.