Dear Friends & Wellwishers
Vidya Poshak works with a mission "Poverty Should not be a barrier for Education" We continue to work for the holistic empowerment of the youth from rural economically challenged background. Our Nurture Merit programs aims at identifying Meritorious youth who are unable to continue their Higher education due to family financial problems and support them to continue their education by coverung their college fee, bus fare , academic books and the skill trainings which is required to begin their career.
Highlights of the Nurture Merit Program for 2015-16 (May - Aug)
1) 3100 Students applied for financial assistance from across 12 districts of Karnataka
2) 2284 students were shortlisted based on their academic performance for dwelling unit visits.
3) Till date 1800 applicants dwelling unit visited by facilitators
4) As on date 450 students declared as eligible for Vidya Poshak integrated support
5) Total 1200 renewal students in 2015-16 academic year
6) Till date 700 applicants applied for renewal
7) 609 students completed their degree in 2014-15
8) Out of 609 students 262 students got job in companies and started their career. We are working with the other students to make sure they settle in their life.