Thanks to all of you, our donors, for your financial and prayer support. Without it, we would not be able to continue our work.
* Our clinic continues to be open 2 days a week but will open to 3 days a week in October thanks to your generous donations.
* We have a new CHO (community health officer) at the clinic. Our previous CHO gave notice due to an ill family member
* We are currently finalizing plans for our October medical team to travel to Sierra Leone. That team will be comprised of physicians, surgeons, PT/OT, paramedic, nurses and auxillary help. In my next team report I will give more details on what we hope to accomplish.
* GGM USA has been asked by the Sierra Leone Ministry of Health to hold a 3 day work shop for all 219 CHO's within the country. We will review during the conference the WHO Community Education Program that will then be used for health teaching across the entire country. This is an incredible opportunity to help educate the community at a country wide level.
* Currently the GGM USA medical board is working on a power point teaching presentation for the workshop. It will cover the most deadly diseases in Sierra Leone: diarrhea, malaria, sexually transmitted diseases, and upper respiratory infections.
A flow chart for treatment management will also be presented.
We will review basic biology 101. What is an infection and how the body fights infection.
Given enough time we will also review the steps for how to perform a basic physical exam.
* Current Needs:
$10,000.00 needs to be raised by September 30 to allow us to hold the 3 day work shop in Freetown. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
We are in need of a vehicle to transport critically ill pateints to neighboring hospitals.
We are hoping to supply CHO's with the basic needs for a physical exam including Stethoscopes, BP cuffs, penlight and notebook. Any assistance or donations in this area would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you once again for your continued support.