Meriam Sesiu Kopeli, Nohana Clinic Site Director
In February, Partners In Health's Multimedia Director Bec Rollins traveled to Lesotho, where she had the opportunity to visit PIH-L sites and meet women enrolled in the Maternal Mortality Reduction Project, as well as Maternal Health Workers. I hope that you enjoy Bec's beautiful photographs of some of these women and their babies -- who have access to high-quality pre and postnatal care thanks to your support of the MMRP. Please find descriptions of each photo below.
1) (Above) February 4, 2013, Nohana, Lesotho, Nohana Clinic Site Director Meriam Sesiu Kopeli holds a healthy baby boy, delivered moments prior to the capture of this photo. The baby is the 5th child of a woman who was accompanied to the clinic on this morning by PIH Maternal Health Worker, Malineo Sethobane Lipeneng. Lipeneng lives in the same village as the mother of the baby, abouy 15 minutes from the clinic, and has attended all 5 of the woman's pregnancies.
In order below:
2) February 4, 2013, Nohana, Lesotho, Malineo Sethobane Lipeneng is a Maternal Mortality Reduction Program worker - also known as Maternal Health Worker - who brought a woman from a village about 15 minutes away to the clinic on this morning to deliver her 5th child. Lipeneng attended all 5 of the woman's pregnancies. On this day a healthy baby boy was born.
3) February 4, 2013, Bobete, Lesotho, Women and their infants wait for postnatal care visits at thh PIH funded Bobete Clinic. Women raising their hands in this photo are those who work with Maternal Health Workers and delivered their babies at the Bobete clinic.
4) February 4, 2013, Bobete, Lesotho, Tebatea Taka and her mother (left) wait for postnatal care at the PIH funded Bobete Clinic. Tebatea was born on 01.26.13. Her mother carried her to Bobete from the village of Mpokochela. Baby girl Letsaba Molokhene is held by her mother Masetsaba (RIGHT) as they also wait for their postnatal appointment. Letsaba was born on 01.11.13. The family lives in the village of Mpokochela. Letsaba's mother was accompanied to the Bobete clinic to deliver by a PIH Maternal Health Worker.
5) February 4, 2013, Nohana, Lesotho, Maternal Mortality Reduction Program workers - also known as Maternal Health Workers - gather for their weekly meeting at the PIH funded Nohana Clinic.
Malineo Sethobane Lipeneng, MMRP Worker
Postnatal care in Bobete
Maternal Health Workers