This project has been established to aid the local schools which are currently over populated, under-staffed and under-resourced. It aims to improve facilities and resources, supply assistant teachers, and text books for every student.
With the over flow of immigrants, due to the booming tourist industry, the public schools have become over populated, under staffed and under resourced. Currently students attend school for 3 hrs a day, with teachers often having to group grades together.
With support, the project will include:
- Textbooks for every student
- Assistant Biligual teachers
- Assistance with labor and materials for the construction of basic classroom facilities
- Assistance with infrastructure and grounds maintance
- Adult evening language classes
- Extra curricular and after shcool activities
- Assistance in developing a small scale IT center with computers, a printer and photocopier
- Assistance in developing a small scale library.
Education fights crimes, violence and wars...education unites us all.
Many thanks for your continuing support
Founder of the Mal Pais Education project