- The Haiyan Matching Campaign begins at 20:00:01 EST November 5, 2015 (09:00:01 PHT November 6, 2015) and ends when the matching funds run out or 00:00:01 November 5, 2016.
- There is $75,000 in matching funds on GlobalGiving.
- Matching is applied at 100% up to $1,000 per donor per organization during the campaign on GlobalGiving.
- Only organizations that are working on recovery or rebuilding efforts related to Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines are eligible for these matching funds.
- Projects that are located in the Philippines, but not working on Haiyan relief- and recovery-related issues, are not eligible for this matching campaign.
- Projects must be approved and live on the globalgiving.org website by November 3, 2015 to be eligible.
- Only donations made by unique donors per project will be matched. Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted.
- Only online donations made by credit card, PayPal, or a GlobalGiving official gift card are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible.
- Online donations made using PayPal or credit card must be made by the credit card holder or PayPal account holder.
- We encourage you to get donations in early because matching funds may run out quickly.
- Please note that GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made through this matching offer.
- GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the allocation of matching funds.
- Matching will be disbursed at the end of the campaign.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit in the United States. Donations made on globalgiving.org can only be claimed as a tax deductible contribution on United States tax returns.
- GlobalGiving charges a 15% fulfillment fee on donations but works to keep the fees you pay as low as possible while providing you great services and resources. During the Haiyan Matching Campaign the fulfillment fee only applies to the initial donation. The fulfillment fee does not apply to the match. The fee covers all transactional charges such as credit card fees, as well as helps cover the costs we incur to promote organizations and projects, provide them with fundraising training and tools, and maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors. With our add-on option, we also offer the donor the opportunity to make an additional donation to cover the fee.
- GlobalGiving reserves the right to approve all projects included in the campaign ahead of time.
- Only donations made at www.globalgiving.org are eligible for this matching, while funds remain. Donations made on any GlobalGiving corporate sites (including Nike, Eli Lilly, Global Action Atlas, etc) are NOT eligible for matching. Match funding available on GlobalGiving UK will be used up separately to GlobalGiving, so check GlobalGiving UK's leaderboard if you would like to make a matched donation through GlobalGiving UK's site.
- PLEASE NOTE - Haiyan Matching Campaign is running concurrently on GlobalGiving and GlobalGiving UK. The UK & US campaigns are managed separately. Match funding available in each campaign, and the Terms and Conditions and web link to donate in UK or US differ. There is $75,000 available in matching on GlobalGiving and £10,000 matching available on GlobalGiving UK. Please also refer to the Haiyan Matching Terms and Conditions on GlobalGiving UK for that campaign - terms are different to these globalgiving.org terms. Please monitor each site separately to determine whether matching funds are remaining.
Still have question? Please contact Jacqueline Lee at abc
View full campaign details Haiyan Matching 2015