Foundation for Community Development Association (FCDA) is a non-profit organization which attained legal status in 2017 with headquarters in Limbe, Cameroon. FCDA has an operational office in Mile 3, Nkwen, Bamenda, the North West region of the country.
This is the third report of this project.
We have registered upwards of 50 Kids into our program. About 98% showing great concern and have developed great skills, working with peers with assignment sharing, presentations and entrepreneurship. We are targeting 100 kids by the end of this year 2019.
We are facing the problem of inadequate training tools such as licensed programs, computer software, hardware and some IT tools.
This reports spans for a quarter (3 months).
We are organizing our first Kids competitive project presentation on any lessons learned and dream business. This will take place in December 2019. Actual date shall be communicated.
Our project fees reduced to $10 per year to enable vulnerable children to get registered and engaged.
- No fund was raised through our GlobalGiving Platform.
- Political instability in the country stalling major actions.
- Inadequate ICT tools.
- Upcoming Activities
- We shall be launching an event on importance of digital learning to kids in the 21st century. This shall take place on the 2/9/2019.
- We look forward to step up our training to reach out to 100 kids the next year 2019.
- Participate in all GG campaigns
- To complete 3 GG Courses by the end of this year.
- Partnerships with other organizations enabling advancement in work
- Kids are on holidays from their traditional school programs. Thus, we are receiving increasing number of new entrance into the program.
We appreciate the work of GlobalGiving team as they are very responsive to our project. We are benefiting from training resources, and recognition from many communities. We are pleading that GG puts in much effort for us to raise funds through the crowdfunding platform. Looking forward to keeping you updated with our project reports.