| Mar 19, 2019
Kids acquiring digital skills in Ekondo Titi
PERIOD: 1st October, 2018- 31st, December 2018.
PROJECT TITLE: Kids after School Creative Digital Learning Center (34245)
Foundation for Community Development Association (FCDA) is a non-profit organization which attained legal status in 2017 with headquarters in Limbe, Cameroon. FCDA has an operational office in Mile 3, Nkwen, Bamenda, the North West region of the country.
This is the first report of this project.
We held Microsoft words and excel classes to kids. We have registered 15 kids to our program. Our programs are held once per month amid limited resources especially hardware and software programs.
This reports spans for a quarter (3 months).
Three outstanding Kids; Kimora, Joyce and Grace are very responsive to the programs as they can demonstrate excellent understanding working with Microsoft words and excel.
- No fund was raised through our GlobalGiving Platform.
- Political instability in the country stalling major actions.
- Inadequate ICT tools and farming equipment.
- Upcoming Activities
- We shall be launching an event on importance of digital learning to kids in the 21st century. This shall take place on the 2/9/2019.
- We look forward to step up our training to reach out to 100 kids the next year 2019.
- Partnerships with other organizations enabling advancement in work
We appreciate the work of GlobalGiving team as they are very responsive to our project. We are benefiting from training resources, and recognition from many communities. We are pleading that GG puts in much effort for us to raise funds through the crowdfunding platform. Looking forward to keeping you updated with our project reports.
Also, we are reiterating that there is a lot of hurdles amid political turmoil in the country.
I will like to have a mentor to assist our organization on building our digital skills and data management.
- Photo of Kids during training
Etienne Ayuk Ayuk Ndip
Founder and President
Foundation for Community Development Association, Cameroon.