Since May 2013, IsraAID in partnership with Hilton Tokyo, conducted several workshops and activities for high school students in Tohoku region.
These activities include:
- 3 intensive leadership workshops for 14 high school students from Watari.
- 6 days training in Hospitality and communication skills for 13 high school students from Fukushima and Ishinoamki in partnership with Hilton Tokyo.
- Meetings with local coordinators and planning of a community event in Ishinomaki on coming October.
- Meetings with new communities in Fukushima and Introduction of IsraAID leadership and skills model.
In Watari, IsraAID youth group is becoming energetic and motivated about the leadership project.
The 3 workshops conducted so far was focused on Presentation skills, Creative thinking and group building activities. Both teachers and students mentioned this is the first time they are able to express themselves freely and they are looking forward for the next session in September and for the Hospitality training in January.
During the first week of August, a group of 13 students from Ishinomaki community Cafe- Kagikakko, and 2 students from Futaba-Shoyo, a high school of youth evacuated from Fukushima radiation area, participated in the 3rd leadership & skills session conducted by IsraAID and Hilton Tokyo.
The students learned practical communication skills such as English, Body Language and Emotional expression, while receiving intensive job training in cooking, marketing, house keeping and Hospitality.
The training was a great success and the students expressed their appreciation and gratitude to IsraAID and Hilton staff.
The students felt very satisfied mostly because they learned practical skills that will support their daily work in the community cafe in Ishinomaki.
Future plans for 2013
- Hospitality training for Watari youth group-January 2014
- Community event with Ishinomaki youth group-October 2013
Getting emotional before the final ceremony
The whole team