Photos from Ishinomaki training
IsraAID leadership project
Summary of activities Feb-May 2013
Since Feb 2013 IsraAID project rebuilding 10,000 lives in Tohoku, expanded to Ishinomaki as part of IsraAID partnership with Taylor Anderson memorial fund: "smile together Ishinomaki."
The Project includes intensive Leadership and skills training for high school students in Ishinomaki.
As of May 28th 2013 IsraAID conducted the following activities in Ishinomaki:
- IsraAID team in Ishinomaki conducted needs assessment research and met with High school teachers and local Japanese NGO's in order to build the working model and the target groups.
- IsraAID team identified a local High school students group who runs a community café as a social business initiative called Kagikakko.
- There are 38 high school students in Kagikakko group, and the project is supported by Nippon foundation.
- The students and the local facilitator asked IsraAID to conduct trainings in the field of Service industry, Hospitality, cooking, event planning and communication skills.
- On May 25th & 26th IsraAID team in partnership with Hilton Tokyo volunteers conducted a first of its kind leadership and skills training for the High school students who are running the community cafe in Ishinomaki.
The training included: Creative thinking activities, Communication skills workshop and professional cooking and Hospitality training by Hilton Professional Chef and IsraAID staff.
IsraAID Leadership program activities in other locations:
- In Watari, IsraAID team conducted several meetings with the town officials and High school teachers, including a pilot meeting with some of the active young leaders in the community. The group has been decided and the first leadership training will take place on June 22nd.
- In Fukushima, following up on the success of IsraAID leadership training in January, a youth group of 10 high school students from Futaba Machi ( a town evacuated due to high radiation level), asked IsraAID to conduct an intensive leadership training that will include: Creative thinking, social activism and a documentation project.(as part of IsraAID "Voices of Tohoku" program supported by GlobalGiving). The training will start on June 2013, and will continue throughout 2013-14.
On June & July 2013 IsraAID team will conduct workshops in Watari, Fukushima and Ishinomaki that will include: group building activities, event planning and presentation skills as well as life story interviewing techniques.
On August 2013, IsraAID in partnership with Hilton Tokyo will conduct an intensive leadership and skills training for 15 students who are part of the Kagikakko community café group in Ishinomaki.