ASSET India Foundation is building a Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) center in Forbesgunj, Bihar- close to the India Nepal border. This center will train and employ 100 girls who have been rescued from sex trafficking, children of sex workers and vulnerable girls.
1. The girls will be paid 2000 Rupees per month during the six month training.
2. After training, they will be employed by ASSET partner Ruralshores at 4,200 Rupees per month.
3. Infosys Foundation has donated 100 desk top computers for this project
4. Desi Power is designing a 50 KW Biomass power plant which will use rice husk and wood chips as fuel
5. Desi Power is also designing the center which will which will house the 100 computers.
6. Gates Foundation is interested in using this center for training their field healthcare workers.
7. Insurance and other companies will utilize this center for their document processing.
8. A total of $100,000 ( $50,000 each for the construction of the center and the power plant) has to be raised by ASSET by December 15, 2012.
A special thanks to the donors at GlobalGiving, without whom we would not be able to provide a new life for these girls.