1. High tech company in Chennai has agreed to employ ASSET- Chennai students as Interns/employees . The initial salary that includes training will be around Rs.3,000 and at the end of year 1 they can earn up to Rs.5,000 and at the end of year 3 the potential is to earn up to Rs.15,000 a month.
This was made possible by Raghu Rajagopal CEO of www.energeate.com who is on the ASSET advisory team in Chennai. Similar CEO teams are being set up at all the ASSET sites.
2. Received additional funding of $40,000 from Sooch Foundation towards
hardware purchase, salaries for English and IT instructors.
3. Received $5,000 matching grant for ASSET Hyderabad Center from Saxena Foundation
4.Received a grant for 20 new Dell PCs from Dell Foundation, Austin-Texas for the ASSET Chennai center to replace the 20 used PCs donated by TCS.
4. Received donation of NComputing X-300 for all ASSET centers. NComputing won the WallSreet Computing Technology award in October 2007.(www.Ncomputing.com )
5. Received used PCs from IBM-India for various NGOs in rural areas.
6. Received donation of Aptech curriculum ( www.aptech-education.com), textbooks for all ASSET centers
7. Job offer for 35 students from Delhi ASSET center
8. Deloitte consulting joins ASSET advisory board in Hyderabad
9. ASSET centers started operations in Hyderabad and Bangalore.
10- Innocentive Challenge has approved the Solar-powered wireless
routers development project for ASSET and it has just been posted on the Innocentive website with the award
amount of $20,000. Solar powered wireless router will make it feasible for outsourcing work using wireless mesh networks from metro areas in India to rural areas which are trafficking hubs.