Dear donors, may you receive our warmest greeting. It is with great satisfaction that we share with you this report about the actions and the achievements of our project in the last months, thanks to generous and committed donors like you. Your support and trustfulness in this project mean a lot to us.
We continue working tirelessly in order to get a better life conditions for all the members of the Ann & Ted Kheel Polytechnic School in the underserved community of Verón, through the improvement of this educational center.
We are involved in the developing stages of our project. The details are the following:
- As you know we have a collaboration agreement with the renowned national institution named Educa (Business Action for Education),for the developing of the program “Quisqueya cree en Ti” (*Quisqueya trust you). At this moment we are focused in the architectural design and the budget related to the construction of the office that will host it. The program (training to the teachers included) aims to promote actions that foment the equal participation of youth of both genders in the field of education and their inclusion in the labour market.
- We have painted all the facilities of the school.
- We also purchased two projectors (speakers included) for the presentations at the classrooms, three air conditioning systems for the administrative offices and another moveable warehouse (trailer style). Windows and upstairs will be added to the new warehouse.
- In last August all the teachers of the school participated in a training workshop, which was taught by the specialists from an organization named “Didáctica”. This workshop, sponsored by the Puntacana Foundation, promotes the reflection of teaching practice to improve learning through the effective planning and the appropriate and innovative strategies that can be implemented in the classrooms.
- In last September we held the tenth graduation ceremony. This class had 14 graduates among the top students in all of the Dominican Republic, one of them was within 5% of the best high school graders of our country.
- The students are enjoying more than ever the sport activities (amateur golf, football and athletics) at the prepared courtyard of the school.
- A couple of weeks ago we carried out a dental program at the school for five days, together with an organization named ‘’Clínica Odontológica Sonrisas”. 261 patients (teachers, students, staff) received dental care free of charges. .
- The expansion and remodeling labors of the administrative office and the basketball / volleyball court would begin shortly.
Please see the 11 pictures attached to this report
In the upcoming months we will keep you updated on the progress of our project, we remain at your disposal for any information you might need. If you have any comment, advice or question, please feel free to direct them to us and we will try to answer as best we can.
Thank you very much once again for your support !
Best wishes !
*Note: Quisqueya was the name given to our country by our primitive indigenous inhabitants