Sarah and our students on Apple Day
We’ve completed our annual evaluation of our school in Ramche, Nepal, and its second academic year, which concluded in March. We’re very happy with the results:
• All 55 of our first- and second-grade students passed the government’s final exam. (There is no exam for our kindergarten students).
• 62% of our second-grade students earned an A+ or an A. 85% of our first-grade students earned an A or a B.
• Student attendance was 93% between January and March
• Our teachers have decided to teach all subjects (except Nepali) in English to improve their reading, writing and speaking skills.
• Our students already speak 3 languages: their mother tongue, Tamang; Nepali; and English. Students have greatly improved their speaking skills in Nepali and English in the past year.
• Sarah, our volunteer from Austria for 4 months, was a big help at the school. She introduced extracurricular activities like sports, picnics and Garbage Police, which encouraged students to clean up their village.
• She also led Apple Day. Many of our students tasted the fruit for the very first time in their lives.
• Sarah talks about her experience volunteering with Santi School on a video on YouTube. (Link below).
If you would like to volunteer, or know someone who would, please let us know! We're always looking for English speakers to work with our children.
As always, thanks for your support.
A is for Apple