Your ongoing support and generosity continues to amaze and humble us!
The 2013 – 2014 school year began after a month of improvements were completed:
- A fresh coat of paint was added to the outside walls of the school buildings.
- Images of brightly painted happy characters where added to the sides of the building.
- New school benches, tables and desks were purchased and installed.
- In addition to the building and school furniture improvements, kitchen plates and utensils were replaced.
- Each child is provided a hot nutritious meal each day.
- Additional improvements to the kitchen area are underway with plans to freshen up the space with fresh paint, replace the broken tile floor and improve the countertops.
The water well is fully functional and not only serves the children of the John Branchizio school, but the surrounding community of Cazeau has access to clean drinking water as well.
Your continued support and generosity will allow us to begin to address serious flooding issues that occur during periods of heavy rain.
The John Branchizio School continues to excel in educating over 600 students in Pre-K through 11th grade, with quality teachers and an exceptional Director.
As one of the top 10 schools in the Tabarre area of Port-au-Prince, the improvements to the outside of the buildings and the grounds, new school furniture and kitchen wares, the students have a safe and inviting school in which to excel.
Thank you for making a HUGE difference for the students of the John Branchizio School!
It is your compassion and generosity that deeply impacts the lives of these children, each and every day.
The Entire Team at Mercy & Sharing