Thank you to all of our supporters for helping us win the Global Giving challenge and support us in expanding the project: The Children Left Behind! We are grateful for your support and hope you will continue to check back to this site for exciting updates on how your money and support are improving the lives of children whose parents have migrated.
Overview of project mission:
The project aims to develop an action model, based on sustainable and shared responsibility, for improving the environment of care and protection of children from 0 to 8 years of age, with greater emphasis on early childhood (0 to 3 yrs) in rural areas of the state of Hidalgo experiencing high rates of migration.
Through your support, the following activities have been carried out:
• Established contact with institutions and authorities to plan and carry out educational activities
• Convened and conducted focus groups with mothers and fathers, care takers, and health personnel.
• After completing the diagnostic investigation, finalized the design and content of the materials for children in the three age groups: 0-3 years old, 3-5 years old, and 6-8 years old.
• Finalized materials for community promoters, mothers/fathers, health personnel, and care takers.
• Piloted the final materials
Our report on this phase of the project is attached (in Spanish) if you would like more details of each of the about stages of the project. Thank you again and we look forward to updating you on the project progress!