The Invitation to the Demo Day Event
We are happy to announce that we have reached the finish line of the first Hub Rally, and on Tuesday June 4th seven excited social entrepreneurs will stand on stage and present the results of their intensive work during the last three months.
The social enterprises which will be presented at the demo day are:
- An innovative real estate project that transforms an old building, during the time it is waiting for demolition, into a magnet for the local community, a 'pop-up' center for arts and social activities
- Product design that respects elderly people. A social design methodology which creates new products that are attractive and useful for "3rd age" population
- Outdoor classroom: leveraging mobile and tablet technology for building a new learning experience focusing on group interaction outdoor
- Using art, on top of a technological platform, to bridge culture gaps among people in remote locations
- Leadership program for students, which makes them pioneers in using and spreading a new discourse about sustainability
- School for families: work on communication inside families, making an innovative use of tools normally targeted at teams in organizations
- The 'neighborhood generator': a new concept for bringing sustainability into all levels of neighborhood life
We wish a lot of success to our entrepreneurs. Stay tuned for our next report where we will reveal the identity of the Hub Rally winner, to be selected this Tuesday.