Opportunity International's Mozambique’s operations began in 2005 when two existing microfinance institutions joined together in partnership with Opportunity International. With a focus on rural expansion, Opportunity Mozambique serves clients via 7 hub, 6 satellite and one container branch plus one ATM and 6 mobile bank vans with 26 stops.
In 2012, Opportunity Mozambique achieved considerable footprint expansion, with highlights including the following
- Installation of Opportunity Mozambique's first ATM in Maputo
- Opening of the Gurue branch in July
- Providing transformative financial literacy training
- Increasing agriculture loan clients by over 65%
- 12,553 loan clients served in 2012 with an average loan size of $164 USD.
In 2013, Opportunity Mozambique plans to launch a container branch in Nhamatanda, increase its mobile bank fleet from six to seven, and install three new ATMs. Additionally, plans are underway to introduce cell phone banking (mobile money) by 2014.
Thank you for being a part of our continued expansion and success in Mozambique so that Opportunity International can reach more clients and provide more financial services to those in need. Your support allows our clients to create a better future for themselves, their families and their communities.