Many many thanks for your contribution:-
We are really excited to start the children school on July 1st 2013. As you already know these children are currently employed in other places such as restaurants, flee market, Garage, Tobacco factory, Brick making factory, Crushers, Mines and sometime begging too. These children are really looking forward to join our school and to learn few practical skills to survive in difficult situations.
What are we going to do ?
- We have selected 50 children who really need our help. The children are aged 6 to 17 and will be joining for a day time school and lunch time meal along with required study materials.
- The school will provide classes from grade 1 to 5 as a vernacular mother tongue based Odiya. Based on a child’s current level he will be enrolled in to one these grades.
- Apart from study, we will exclusively teach them sewing / tailoring / alteration course. This will enable them to be trained such that in future they will be able to do sewing with local professionals under minimal guidance. Hence, in later stage of life many of them can earn from this learning.
- In future months there will be more activity with 3 more individual training types such as bag/money purse making, jewellery design and making, artistic paper work to be used in local festival decorations.
- FYI Mr. Sarat Pati founder of SANTI is leading the actual field work in Rajgangpur, Odisha.
What have we done so far?
- We have rented a house near the area where these children live.
- We also have selected the team of two educational teachers, one vocational/technical instructor, one cook and one clerk/peon
- We also have discussed with a local tailoring professional to visit our school and show how it is done within a certain time frame.
- We had a discussion with local representative to support our cause, and avoid any unidentified risk.
Budget – Because your donation, through GlobalGiving, we have received so far 349,400 Indian Rs. Last month. So we have still kept open our page for donation. Please see the attachement for the estimate for one year children school.
Apart from the children school project, we at SANTI also runs a Child Care Center where we have about 18 children are adopted by friends like you. These children are already staying with us for more than a one and half year. To know more about it we also have opened a different project in globalgiving.org http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/will-an-indian-child-get-home-food-and-schooling/
Please like our page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Santi-wwwihelpchildrenorg/414070561963473
Please feel free to ask, if you want to know more. Also please suggest your ideas.
Again thanks for your great heart to donate,