Thanks to your generosity, APROSADSE's economic development program has been a strong area for the organization. Its income-generating program has allowed farmers to not only improve their agricultural practices through agro-ecology training workshops, but also invest in livestock-raising and small businesses. This program has truly become a source of employment and family income, as many beneficiaries don't have many years of education and aren't accepted in many work opportunities.
In the past year, the organization has trained 30 agro-ecology promoters and integrated household gardens (a total of 44) to provide food security and source of nutritional diet to the families. As APROSADSE looks to the future, their objectives include more workshops on agroe-cology and increasing organic crop yields while also focusing on sustaining environmental protection through the following measures:
1) Identify a sustainable environmental program
2) Establish coordination with the Ministry of the Environment.
3) Build latrines that produce organic fertilizer
4) Build wood-saving stoves that help reduce the consumption of timber-yielding trees.
5) Support schools that want to integrate an environmental education.
6) Develop reforestation projects
With your help, APROSADSE's can realize their objectives for the future and continue their work in promoting environmentally sustainable agroe-cological practices in the local communities of Guatemala. Thank you for all your support!