Hello from our friends in Uganda
Thank You from Uganda
We are pleased to announce another successful delivery of school supplies to the girls and boys of Bwetyaaba Primary School. With your generous help, GBP delivered 270 backpacks, 230 pairs of shoes and stockings, 1200 exercise books, 60 geometry set, 500 ink pens and 288 pencils in November 2011.
"The children were very grateful and happy! It was great joy all over! Many appreciations from the children, teachers and parents at Bwetyaaba." - BUVAD chairman Ssemutumba Stephen
A vote of thanks was extended to GBP and BUVAD (GBP's partner in Uganda) by the community leaders and the board of governors of Bwetyaaba Primary School for the great work done in changing the community livelihood, especially for the children.
GBP's main goal in Uganda is to improve access to education for orphaned and vulnerable youth in the Kayunga District. With this last delivery we have made great strides to reach our goal of providing each child with the resources they need to attend and succeed in school – a new backpack, uniform, school supplies, and shoes.
Want to help us ensure each child has a backpack in hand in 2012? Here's how you can continue to help:
- Spread the word by sharing this email with friends and family or via Facebook and Twitter.
- Text GIVE 8599 to 80088 to donate $10 to provide a new backpack to a student in Uganda.*
- Make a donation as a gift to friends, family and co-workers on GlobalGiving.
*From US mobile phones. Messaging and data rates may apply.
Did You Know…
- Enrollment increased by 59% in sub-Saharan Africa (66% for girls) in the past 10 years.
- However, 72 million school-aged children around the world still aren't in school. Most of them are girls.
- Each extra year of a mother's school cuts infant mortality by 5 to 10%.
About Global Backpack Project
Global Backpack Project is a grassroots, community-based non-profit run entirely by volunteers in the Portland area and around the globe.
We envision a world which supports education for all girls and boys so they may reach their unlimited potential in school and life.
Global Backpack Project exists to encourage a desire for learning by helping children feel prepared for school. With the help of local communities and partner organizations, we seek to make a difference in the lives of children, just as they seek to make a difference for themselves and their communities.
Thank you again for your on-going support of Global Backpack Project.
Best wishes from all of us at GBP.
Global Backpack Project
Ready to learn!