a widow beneficiary
01. Project Name : Help young widow women toward dignity life
02. Duration of the project : 3 months
03. Implementing organisation : ROSI FOUNDATION, India
04. Project Area : Pudukkottai and Nagapattinam districts in Tamil Nadu state, India
05. Brief Description :
ROSI FOUNDATION is providing skill training, sewing machine, rights and other welfare activities for widow women. It reduces poverty, sex abuse, isolation of community and working place issues and risk of children education break.
06. Activities Taken :
a. Tailoring training centre: Garments making training is on going for 25 widows for six months duration on cutting, stitching, embroidering, cloth fabrication and marketing. In the competition of three months and another three months are required for the training.
b. Input provision - Five sewing machines and accessories are provided to 5 widows women and they are involving in the business and earning. Daily they are earning $2 by the business and will increase to $3-$4 in the next 3 motnhs. So they will earn $3-$4/day, is sufficient to survive and other needs.
07. Conclusion : From the project, we are thanking to Global Giving Foundation as first and then to all donors of the project. The trainer, staff and volunteers are another people involved in this project are thanked.