Children from Empalme de Boaco, Nicaragua.
Dear Clinica Verde Supporters:
As we work to raise awareness and support in the U.S., a lot of activity is taking place in Nicaragua. Our dedicated team in Managua and Boaco are working hard to keep our project moving forward. Here are some highlights of our progress:
• The American Nicaraguan Foundation inspected the clinic on Oct. 4 to approve us for receiving medications and support through their incredible foundation. We are so grateful for the time and consideration of this wonderful organization. Read more about ANF here: http://www.aidnicaragua.org/en/
• The Ministry of Health of Nicaragua is scheduled to visit and inspect the clinic within the next couple of weeks.
• Recommended personnel are being reviewed by our legal rep in Nicaragua, Rafael Morales, and Clinica Verde Board Vice-Chair, Dr. Elquis Castillo.
• Former Minister of Health of Nicaragua and CV Board Member Margarita Gurdian is in Nicaragua following an assignment with USAID in Angola, and is meeting with officials and CV team members to review goals and action items prior to clinic opening. Thanks to Margarita for her awesome help and support moving us forward!
• CV volunteer Jennifer Owen is in Boaco for the month of July helping with clinic setup. Meet Jennifer below!
• In September, we finished our most recent short video about our wonderful project. Please see the link below to watch.
We are moving forward!
Meet Jennifer Owen ...
This month Clinica Verde in Boaco welcomes volunteer Jennifer Owen, who will spend October helping out on the ground in Nicaragua. Jennifer is an attorney practicing in clean energy technologies and energy policy. She served at the Department of Energy as Director of the Office of Technology Advancement and Outreach in DOE's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) and was a Legislative Assistant to U.S. Senator Conrad Burns (R-MT) and a staff member on the U.S. Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee.
Says Jennifer: "As an advocate for clean energy technologies in the U.S., I am excited to see Clinica Verde demonstrate sustainable building in a real world scenario. I hope to help the clinic move forward to opening, and provide whatever help I can. The mission of the clinic is so important - I feel very blessed to have an opportunity to meet the people of Boaco and support Clinica Verde!"
We are honored to have Jennifer's commitment and support!
And we are honored to have yours.
Thanks for your continued support of Clinica Verde! As always, please feel free to email me personally if you have any questions or ideas concerning our work in the world.
Clinica Verde volunteer Jennifer Owen.