Your outpouring of support for people in Haiti has been tremendous. Thank you! It continues to be a country with problems battling continued disasters but lives have improved for the better because of you.
And you continue to change lives today!
We marked the three year anniversary of the earthquake in Haiti, and I want to share the latest about our work there. Here is a quick glance at what you and Mercy Corps have accomplished together so far:
- Created 234,000 temporary jobs
- Helped 100,000 children in their recovery process
- Provided 429,000 people with access to clean drinking water
- Introduced Haiti’s first mobile wallet and used it to help 8,700 families
- Reached 1,000,000 people in high-risk areas with lifesaving information about cholera
Right now, our focus in Haiti is on building stronger communities for the long-term. We're bringing economic development opportunities to alleviate people out of poverty, while also establishing programs focused on the environment (to reduce soil erosion) and youth. We wouldn't be able to do this life-changing work without people like you, so thank you!
To show how your contribution has made a difference for the people of Haiti, we would like to share our photo essay with you of how together we're helping Haiti build back stronger.
Your support has touched many lives in Haiti. Thank you for bringing hope to one of the world's toughest places.