While crises were going on this year in the Haiti, and the consequences continue even today, you have helped to save and change the lives for many men, women, children - and whole communities - in this part of the world.
Because of your compassion and generosity we were able to achieve so much in 2012. You made change possible!
The accomplishments shared below are a testament to the more than 70,000 donors (including you!) who’ve made this work possible. Because of you this is what we were able to do in Haiti as well as other parts of the world:
- Our Soccer for Life program gave 2,167 kids in Haiti’s toughest neighborhood hope for a better future.
- The MiCRO program we have in Haiti helped to protect microentrepreneurs from catastrophic losses in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
- Nearly 9,000 women received assistance within a month of Tropical Storm Isaac this past August.
- In Niger, more than 23,000 people — many of them severely malnourished children — got the food they needed to survive the Sahel’s devastating drought until the next harvest.
- Our loans helped 193 Japanese entrepreneurs get back to business and provide jobs after their enterprises were damaged or destroyed by the 2011 tsunami.
- In Iraq, we taught 5,500 women to read — and learn their rights in a newly democratic country.
To show our appreciation, we have put together a slideshow to share how much we were able to accomplish because of your contribution. Check out how you have changed and transformed lives!
And if you haven't received a free 2013 Mercy Corps calendar we still have some left! Just e-mail your address to email@example.com and we will happily send you one!
On behalf of the millions of people our work has touched this year, thank you!