We are currently scheduling a trip for April 2014 of technical volunteers to travel to Cap- Haitien to assist with water, sanitation and other improvements.
Currently, we have three engineers, a master electrician and a biomedical technician joining local Konbit Sante staff in Haiti. If you are interested in learning about volunteer opportunities, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org/207 347 6733.
The agenda for this trip is quite extensive. It includes:
- Troublehooting design issues for a new health center in Bande du Nord
- Fixing broken biomedical equipment
- Conducting general maintenance on hospital sterilizers
- Completing an assessment of water services for the entire Justinien University Hospital (JUH)
- Repairing and improving the three hospital water pumps that provide water for the JUH
The Justinein University Hospital recently moved the primary cholera treatment center ( CTC) for the north to the hospital campus. This emphasizes the increasing importance of providing water and sanitation services.
We will follow this report with direct testimonials from volunteer participants and photos of our work. In the meantime, please contact us directly with any questions or concerns at:
Konbit Sante Cap- Haitien Health Partnership
(207) 347 6733